Thread: Incompatible Games Downloaded to the ipod

Incompatible Games Downloaded to the ipod

I have recently purchased an iPod and downloaded games on it but after loading it I come to know that games are for the iphone or ipod touch and not for my classic ipod. Now I want to get rid of these games on my iPod want to get a refund of my money and want to know if there any games left which I can buy for the classic ipods and nano. Other than this there is some problem with my classic ipod which stopped working when I tried to sync it with new games on the computer in itunes and it is not able to sync to this one. I really need solution to resolve such issue of my classic ipod, so if anybody have any solution for such situation post it in the forum.

Re: Incompatible Games Downloaded to the ipod

You should download the games for your classic ipod which are only compatible and will only sync with particular ipod. You can not download any game with your ipod the game should be supported by your ipod and to get games out of your ipod you need to sync your ipod with your computer after which you can use iTune to sync ipod after which you can remove the incompatible games from your ipod. As your second problem with your classic ipod which is not able to sync with the computer because you might have not used the iTune for the sync process. So try to reconnect all the device again and see if this problem appears again.

You need to follow some instructions to remove games from your classic ipod
    • Unite the iPod to your computer with the help of sync cable. You need to wait till it is identified by your computer.
    • After detection start with iTunes.
    • Choose your iPod below the "Devices" tab on the left side.
    • Then move to the "Games" tab and select "Sync games."
    • Now just uncheck all of the games you want remove out of your classic iPod.
    • Choose "File", click "Sync iPod" to remove the games you have selected.

After all the steps performed properly games will be removed from the iPod.

You should confirm before going for the game that the game is coordinated with the iPod. You need to verify that the game name shows in Extras under Games. You can then synchronize only the equivalent game which title appears. You can do this as:
    1. choose your iPod and go to the Games tab.
    2. Choose the check box management of games.
    3. Tick the key "Selected Games".
    4. Pick the game that you are having problems with and remove them.
    This will resolve your issue for sure.

I don't think you may load the game which is not compatible in your ipod because Apple does not provide you with such thing to be done with the ipod. I think you have loaded the games using jailbreak thats why you don't have idea if the game is compatible or not. You can go for the solution of your problem with incompatible games in ipod at official Apple website to get it solved. You can otherwise try to resolve your problem by trying to sync your ipod with your machine and use iTune to remove the games. If your problem is resolved please let me know the exact steps you have used to get this solved.
    Last edited by Wiro; 31-10-2010 at 07:19 AM.