Thread: Mini-Coax Antenna Cable for wi fi connection

Mini-Coax Antenna Cable for wi fi connection

I have got the new dell laptop from my parents which is my gift for my birthday and I am using this laptop for the internet. As I am the student of the second year BSc (IT) and I need to set GPS connection in my laptop as my laptop has GPS system and don’t know how to activate it. My friends suggested me to use the mini coaxial cable for such connections. But don’t have any idea about this type of connection with this cable. I heard that these connections are done only through the Bluetooth in the laptop. I think I am getting wrong somewhere but it seems that it is possible to get a GPS connection through the Mini coax. I want to know one more thing is this possible to get toss into a spare mini PCi wireless card which is laying around me. It contains a built in antenna except of that it has two mini coaxial cable that you crack against the wireless card into it as an alternative wants a little 2 inch mini-coax cable to link the card to the antenna or any other suggestion which will better for my needs to gain speed as well as performance. Please suggest me for both that is possible to connect the GPS connection to the laptop through the wire connection and also help me in regarding the mini coax antenna. Please help me.

Re: Mini-Coax Antenna Cable for wi fi connection

You can use the mini coaxial cable if you are not getting the detection of the GPS antenna cable. For the best connection you have to set the network extender in the elevated location as compared to the position of the GPS antenna it should be in the horizontally just parallel to the window in an open area. The network extender should be in the upper position so that it gets open ventilation. For such connection you have to keep these points in mind.
    • Make sure that the power of the network extender should be power off. If it is connected then just remove the power cord from the power outlet.
    • Make sure that the antenna which you are using for such connection should be rotated down and the remove the cover of the GPS antenna.
    • After this very carefully press down and then unattached the GPS antenna from the network extender.
    • After this just remove the antenna from the box and connect it to the proper end of the mini coax cable.
    • Cautiously make parallel after that attach the mini-coax cable to the mini-coax connector situated inside the GPS antenna box.
    • Restore the GPS antenna coat at the same time and make sure that the mini-coax cable is threaded throughout the opening.

As you have stated that you are having an spare wifi antenna which you need to connect through your laptop. So for this type of connection you need to locate your current WIFI antenna or add the high gain antenna to get the aesthetic needs and also which will help you top increase the performance of your wireless network. As you have an antenna and this minicoax will allow you to get a longer runs with no signal degradation. After this relocate your wifi antenna for a more central location which is out of equipment is simple and also cost effective solution to solve the problem.

I have done As you have suggested but not getting the solution as the connection is very slow and very fluctuating. As I am suing a wireless card which has building antenna so please give me a suggestion as I need a solution with some new antennas for such connection and if they are available then please suggest me with their function and types. Thank you. The good answer will be appreciated.

As you have given me the information that your older antenna is not working well and you need to know about the new antenna for wifi connection in your dell laptop. Actually wifi is a radio which allows the computers to access the internet. The antennas are used to get the higher range of the internet access. Many types of antennas are there which we can use for such connection:
    • Yagi antennas which are used for point to point networking some times for point to multi point.
    • Parabolic antennas which are used for receiving and transmitting the signals for a long distance and point to point connections.
    • Backfire antennas are small directional antenna similar to dish antenna.
    • Pannel antenna which have a flat panel of plastic or fiber glass.