Thread: Nokia E5 Text message alert not working

Nokia E5 Text message alert not working

I have bought a Nokia E5 before two months and it was working perfectly till day. But the now i guess it was enough for this phone to work properly, Message alert tone is not alerting me when any message arrives on my phone. Even vibration is not working when I receive messages. But ring tone works properly when call arrives. What could be the problem with my phone?

Re: Nokia E5 Text message alert not working

I am having the same series of phone which has similar problem. Actually my phone is Nokia E75 on which message alert tone does not rings whenever i get any messages. Is there anybody who have found the solution for this problem. Actually this problem seems to be very much common so i afraid that is there any kind of bug on Nokia E series phone or what?

I guess you guys should try to personalize the profiles of your phone in which message alert tone does not rings. There should be something wrong with the profile setting due to which you guys are facing such problem on your phone. I suggest you to directly select some other profile on your phone and then try to send the messages on your phone which might make you understanding the feature of this phone. I hope you don't check about this feature by activating the Silent profile...

I have found the solution for you guys who all are not getting the message alert tone when the phone device gets some new messages. Actually it might happen that profile which you have activated currently on your phone won't be having any message tone which means that message alert tone has been set to Off in the profile. To check about such setting, You should go to the personalize profile where you have to select for any tone at the place of Message Alert Tone.

As if you are finding no way to make this working for your phone there is one simple way by which you can have all the setting as default like a new phone which has a default message alert tone for General profile. Go to the Setting and then open the General settings where you would be having an option for factory setting, So click on it. Once you have restored all the factory settings then I guess your issue must have gone now. You may try sending message on your phone now!

Suppose after resetting the factory settings, You issue have not solved then there is no options other then reinstalling the firmware on your phone which might have got infected or affected by some third party application installed on it. I suggest you to connect your phone with the pc by using USB cable and then format it, If formatting solves this issue then its well and good but if not then you have to reinstall its operating system by using an OVI PC Suit or Nokia PC Suit.