Thread: How to remove SIM card from Nokia N8

How to remove SIM card from Nokia N8

I have recently bought a new Nokia N8 mobile phone which looks just great. So I inserted my Memory card and Sim card into this phone. Now i have got one more SIM card which has better call rates then that of current SIM inserted in this phone. So I would like to use this new SIM card on my new phone but it seems like SIM card slot has some bug in new phone as it is not popping out like memory card when I pushed the SIM card.

Re: How to remove SIM card from Nokia N8

Actually Nokia have invented new way to insert the SIM cards on their new mobile phones which is quite new to many Nokia users. Actually the way you insert the SIM card is not the same one how you pull it out. Unlike memory card, you are not supposed to push the SIM card expecting that it will pop out like memory card. You have to open your phone for removing the SIM card. After pulling out the battery, You will see SIM there. Use stylus to slide your SIM card outside.

There is nothing wrong on your new mobile phone as the SIM card slot provided on the Nokia N8 is in such way that it has made easy to insert the SIM card only but removing it still needs to open the mobile phone by switching it off. Once you open your mobile phone then you would be see SIM card which you have inserted from outside of the body. You have to slide the card outward from the backside of the phone (surface where your battery locates). Better you use some pointed thing to slid it outside like stylus.

Thank you so much guys, I have successfully removed my old SIM card out of my Nokia N8 and have inserted the new one. But the new problem on this phone is the network. After inserting the new card, There is no network on my Nokia N8 phone. There is one red cross mark on the network. What could be the problem now, Is there any setting which might have forgotten by me to get the network?

No, There are no settings required on your phone to get the network signals. As soon as you insert the SIM card in your phone then it should be detect the network signals of whatever network card you have inserted into it. As you are not getting any network signals then you should call to the customer care service of the same brand for discussing this issue for your new SIM card number.

If you have bought the new SIM card from any private SIM card dealer then it might happen that the dealer have not submitted your documents to the SIM card company which are very much needed to activate your SIM services. You can get informations about the current status of your new number from the customer care.

This is the only place I found user comments about
    how to remove SIM card from Nokia N8 phone.
    That is the information I would really like to confirm before deciding to buy
    either Nokia N8 or Nokia E7.
    I noticed that the answer given here by users
    does not match the answer in the manual:
    http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...8-00_UG_en.pdf

Did Nokia intend it to work like the manual describes,
    by simply pushing in the SIM card without opening the phone.
    Does it not work that way in all N8 phones or only in some of them?

Another link to same SIM card removal instructions for Nokia N8 as those found in the manual.
    This is easier to access than to find it in PDF file of the complete manual.