Thread: 4th Gen iPod Touch: Problems with it

4th Gen iPod Touch: Problems with it

Below is the list of problem I have so far with 4th generation iPod Touch. I have bought two iPod Touch and returned both of them. The reason for returning is back is angled too much that 30 pin connector bent and not accepting connector to charge through USB. With second one the connector could go in, but at back the large section of 30 pin was exposed because of back angle of iPod. Due to not having a flat bottom it cause problem with the SoundDock Bose. First one did not go in to the SoundDock. apple provide refund to me. I do not have any idea if other are having any trouble but with me so far experience with iPod Touch is not good.

Re: 4th Gen iPod Touch: Problems with it

I do not have any issue you had with new iPod Touch but I even think that it is almost too thin in order to connect and push the volume. The trouble I have with the iPod Touch is YouTube. I had tested it at apple store and home and it takes a lot time to watch a Youtube video. Even when I watch it on Youtube video mobile it is too slow. sometimes it even not get downloaded until I push play and then it will take a long time to load.

The biggest issue with my iPod touch is the fact that Apple say you have to upgrade your computer operating system to snow leopard 10.5 and you should have USB 2.0 for it even for charging. I have one which is nice than my 2G.And I think it is also too thin for connecting cords and to push the volume and sleep button.

No this is not true as mentioned on Apple iPod Touch web page under Technical specifications. They have listed that the system requirements for iPod Touch are:
    i) USB 2.0
    ii)iTunes 10
    iii)Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.8
    iv)PC: Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Home or Professional (SP3)
    v)Broadband Internet access required
    However if you do not want to upgrade your system then you may return iPod Touch for this reason. I am always careful to check system requirements before purchasing.

I am also having a problem with iPod Touch from past week. I charge it just fine use Battery doctor application for monitoring but when I leave it on standby with nothing running application then it drains too much battery and dies within about 6 hours or less. And when I turn it on it shows 35% of battery remaining and the red battery with lightning bolt was shown, till the time I won't plug it in and wait for some charge time to wake up. Foe example I had 85% of battery left and i kept it for four hour standby did not use it for at all but when I see it after four hour it shows only 20% of battery left and I need to charge it.I do not have any idea about this problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"