Thread: Nokia N8 headset issues

Nokia N8 headset issues

Few days back i got my brand new Nokia N8 mobile phone. The handset worked normally for some days and now also it is working fine but the problem is with its headset. The headset which was provided to me with the mobile phone included many features such as receiving calls, increasing or decreasing the volume button for music and of microphone,play-pause button and fast forward and reverse button dedicated for music player. First few days i could hear proper sound when i connect it to the mobile phone but from last 2 days i am not able listen any sound whenever i connect the headset to the phone. Neither during music nor during phone calls. Please suggest me some solutions for this as i dont have any idea what should i do in this situation. Please post your queries as early as possible as i want to get rid of this problem..

Re: Nokia N8 headset issues

You can simply try the first and basic thing after which most of the peoples issues related to this are solved.. First thing which you must do is pull out the battery and just keep it outside for some time. After that you can reinsert the battery in the slot and then restart the mobile phone. After you restart the mobile phone and now if you try to connect the headset to the phone it will work..The problem can also be related to the slot of the headset. When the slot is loose or something then the connection is bit difficult to obtain . So the problem is definitely not related with the software of the mobile phone but can be with its hardware.. First try the basic tricks and after that you can go for some advanced steps.

What i suggest you is that you should check when you connect the headset to the mobile phone, is their any headset icon flashing on the top most corner of the screen. If it is not then then the headset you have inserted in the mobile phone is not properly inserted in the phone. So you have to be careful that whenever you insert the headset in the phone the headset icon should be displayed on the screen. Until it is displayed the headset will not function because when the headset is properly inserted at that time only the icon will be displayed else it will indicate that the headset is not properly inserted in the mobile phone. So first check that out before going to other solutions.

Hey you can go to the Nokia service center or Nokia customer care center for this kind of query. Because if their is some hardware problem with the mobile phone then they will deal with the problem. And if their is some major problem with the handset then they will send the handset to the main center for checking and after that if they find any problem then they will give you a replacement for this handset. But i think you should first try on your own by simply connecting the headset to the phone and if the headset icon is displayed on the screen then you will clearly hear the sound. I think you should also check the headset settings you have made because sometimes even if everything is proper but the settings are not matching then also this kind of headset problems occur. So try and insert the headset properly in the mobile phone

Hey..I had the same problem with my nokia X6 phone. Whenever i try to connect the headset to the mobile phone, it did not show any headset icon and neither it got connected to the phone. So it was totally useless to think about anything else.. So i decided to bring another set of headphones from my friend and then i tried connecting it to the mobile phone. And guess what, i could clearly hear the sound on those headphones. In this situation, the problem was related to my headset and not the mobile phone. So i got a new pair of headset and then it was all clear. So you can also try this out..IT WORKS!!!!!!

be sure that your headset is for N8.. just follow this link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9g6U...yer_detailpage