Thread: iOS 4.1 Camera Roll thumbnails

iOS 4.1 Camera Roll thumbnails

What is the problem with the iPhone. I cannot get this issue solved for me. I had some of the problem with the iOS 3.1.3 so I decided to go with the iOS 4.1 of the Apple. Can you all please suggest me something in this respect. I had the problem that was solved with the 4.1 but then it came up with other problem. I have seen that all the camera roll thumbnails in my iPhone were substituted by a giant black box. Please if anyone has encountered it then please do post.

Re: iOS 4.1 Camera Roll thumbnails

Looking at your current situation I think that you have only two options either you can go with the version 3.1.3 or you can go with the version 4.1. You have already mentioned that there was some problem with the iPhone because of which you had to switch for the iOS 4.1, if the problem was bigger than this then you can remain with this and if the problem was smaller than this hen you can go with the previous one.

According to your post I even think that the iOS 4.1 has caused this problem. Well I had already encountered this and came out of this after when I did the HARD RESET option on the iPhone. It did work for me and I hope the same to occur with you. Well you can try that and see if that can work in your case. Do post what happened when you did the HARD RESET. I am waiting for the REPLY.

Well what was the solution that you gave Regina, I am totally disappointed with what you said. The thing that you said I cannot take it as an answer at all. I do not think that the problems have some level if there is a problem then we should have the solution. Thanks for the reply by the way Simond. Well I would definitely try for the RESET but the problem is that I have never tried this, can anyone please tell me how I can do the RESET on the iPhone.

I would suggest you to simply roll back to the previous version that was stable on the iphone that you are having at this very moment. I have seen lots of people with the very same kind of issue and hence I think that it will be nice to have a roll back. The problem can be seen right from the 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, so I am sure that it is probably the newer version 4.x.x that is causing the problem.

I think I have the perfect solution that you all are looking for just go though the steps and I am sure that you will be able to get the things work.
    • First of all download the iPhone Explorer.
    • Then plug iPhone through iOS 4.1 in and steer to the PHOTODATA folder.
    • Now try to trace the following three files:
    • Photos.sqlite
    • PhotosAUX.sqlite
    • com.apple.photos.caches_metadata.plist
    • Save these files in the computer.
    • Remove them from your iPhone.
    • Reboot the iPhone and allow it to boot fully.
    • At last open 'Photos' and hang for the iPhone to reconstruct the library.

I am sure that this will come up with the flying colors.

Carlos16 - Thank you for this solution. It worked perfectly for me!

I had upgraded to iOS 4.1, but then I jailbroke my iPhone (3G). After using it for about a week, I discovered that the jailbreak caused it to run very slowly - it was almost completely unresponsive sometimes. So, I decided to restore it through iTunes (on Windows 7 64-bit). After restoring from my backup, all of the thumbnails in the camera roll were black except for the first one. Any new photos that I took were added to the roll, and their thumbnails were OK.

I followed your instructions exactly, and worked!!