Thread: Text+ vs TextFree: which one is better

Text+ vs TextFree: which one is better

I am searching for a free texting application for my iPod 4G and I found this two(Text+ and textFree) to be most common alternatives. This both allow you to send text for free. I think Text+ is best as it Display name as whatever you want and people on the other end can reply to it. I read about Text+ on net that when we send a message, the first thing a person sees is 60611 and not your display name, only when they open the message then they see your display your name. And for reply they need to start the text entering T6 so this one looks to be confusing of the two for recipient. TextFree lets you register a email with them and the problem with this is that some mobile do not allow text to emails. Does you have any suggestion about this?

Re: Text+ vs TextFree: which one is better

I am using Textfree application to send and receive an unlimited of text messages.When you open the application you will be asked to select a username that will be appear to your recipient when you send message to them, so select name that your friend can easily recognize you. TextFree does not use your mobile number, recipients see a ten digit number along with your user name within the message. This allow you to turn on for push notifications for incoming message.This application represents native sms app for iPhone so composing message, selecting recipients and reading message will feel familiar.

I use aim in order to send text messages.The other people sees a number like 6011 and they that's this is me as only I use aim to text out of all contacts. Screen name appears fine within text and I do not have any problem with limitations for text messaging. I use to held more then 5 conversations with phone at once for more than hours. The only disadvantage I found is notifying the receiver before text is sent because aim ask the receiver whether he want to accept or deny the message by looking the screen name. This happen twice with me where they deny my message not Knowing that this is me and I do not have any idea to undo this. If any one have any suggestion then it would be helpful to me.

I have some question if you do not mind answering. For TextFree application Does it show the initial message with random number as you mentioned aim does? And they will not come to know that it is me until they won't open the message. So is there any way to change in aim so that other person first see screenname in place of an random number? If I create a new screenname (with my name) but if they decline it by seeing a random number then thsi will not do any good for me. How do your friends initiate communication with you as they do not have aim? what they use in their phone to send message to your aim?

I have not used TextFree application but it seems to be similar to Aim. So there I think there would be no way to change random number to your screen name in receiver contact list. The solution to this that receiver does not decline your screen name is you can send notification to them before you sent the text. The best thing about aim is that you can receive texts without initiating the conversations first even if your phone is in sleep mode. The message will appear when phone is unlock to view immediately. the trouble with aim is that you can not receive text it you signed off. so make sure that you keep your screen name online.

Thank you for your suggestion. It seems that I have to let people know that this is me. I needed a efficient way to start conversations for them with me . Now I just need to inform them save the text and forward it when they want to text me. How much does the battery life suffer having aim signed in all the times?Related to people saving the text and responding it to start conversation, does it mean that I will have long conversation saved or phone will recognize when the one communication started and ended. Not a big issue but little be worried and since you seem to be expert for it so I just thought to ask you.

I have not done any battery test with signing on aim but I can tell you that when you are signed on and end up starting then application many times, there is connecting message prior to your list of contacts refresh themselves to covey new incoming texts. So from my experience with this I do not think that there would be hardly any suffering from battery.Aim stores all texts in one going conversation for each other contact. When you end up with conversation on top you can press "clear" and then press when it changes to close so that you can keep up with new conversations. You will not be confused with one conversation on one day to another conversation. Aim organizes your conversations with date and time. So if you are not clearing your conversation then you wont get confused.

I think yahoo is also a best messenger to send free text messages. Because of the following reasons.Nothing like aim you will not get logged out after 24 Hours. with yahoo you can get connected for two weeks. Aim people receive the text and save it as a contact and reply anytime, with aim you need to text first then they will reply but you save it as a contact so with aim people need to go through old message to find yours.Pictures can be send with yahoo. There is no irritating ads and it is free. It seem to me faster than aim.