Thread: Steps to sync Nokia N8 with Google contacts & calendar

Steps to sync Nokia N8 with Google contacts & calendar

I have recently bought a new Nokia N8 phone and i guess this phone is just awesome to use. Now the problems gonna be arriving when I will try to synchronize this phone with the google contacts and calendar as I am not so friendly with using computers on my mobile phone and I don't want to take any risk with my phone's operating system. So can somebody provide me proper steps to sync Nokia N8 with the Google Contacts and Calendar?

Re: Steps to sync Nokia N8 with Google contacts & calendar

Here I have provided the perfect way by following which you would be able to sync your Nokia N8 phone with the Google Contacts and Calendar. Actually you need to begin by clicking the Phone Setup widget which is already installed on your N8 phone and then select Setup mail. By If the widget is not there then you can find out the Phone Setup by pressing the Home -> Menu key on the front of the N8 and tapping Applications followed by Tools. Click on the Start now and then Mail for Exchange. Now you have to enter the Gmail Address in Mail address, Username and password followed by clicking Next. In the field of Mail for Exchange server, Type m.google.com and then tap Next. After choosing the services which you want to sync then opt to keep existing contacts.

Google sync have let S60 Device Users to sync up the Contacts with the S60 phones yet but now it has been declared on the Google Blogs that the new Google Sync for Nokia S60 is allowing to sync the Calendar as well along with the Contacts. So I think it would be more better to sync up your phone with the google. I suggest you to install the latest Google Sync on your system so that you can easily use its new features.

You can do the same by configuring the Mail for Exchange application for Google Sync for which I have provided the steps as follows. First of all start the Mail for Exchange application on your Nokia N8. Now tap on the YES for creating the new sync profile. An information which i have provided as follows is only for configuring the Google Contacts and Calendar as you would be having some more sections to be configured but I guess you must be having ideas about it.
    1. Connection
    • Exchange Server : m.google.com
    • Secure Connection : Yes
    • Access Point: your carrier's Internet access point
    • Sync while roaming: your preferred setting
    • Use default port: Yes

2. Calendar
    • Synchronize Calendar: Enable or disable
    • Sync Calendar back: your preference
    • Initial Sync: Decide if you want to keep existing Calendar events on your phone or replace them all with events synced from Google Calendar.

3. Contacts
    • Synchronize Contacts: Enable or Disable
    • Initial Sync: Decide if you want to keep existing Contacts on your phone or replace them all with contacts synced from Google.

Excellent, simple and usufull!

Thank you!!!