Thread: iTunes 10.0.1.22 installation requires Windows Installer package

iTunes 10.0.1.22 installation requires Windows Installer package

Yesterday, I was trying to download iTunes 10.0.1.22. When I was installing that then I got a message that says:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

After that it comes back to installation and installed the quicktime. Whet it complete the installation process then it tells that iTunes installed and then it prompts me whether I want to launch the application. If I select yes then it fails to launch iTunes. I tried to launch that many times but everytime it gives the same result. Please help me if you know anything about this.

Re: iTunes 10.0.1.22 installation requires Windows Installer package

If there is any problem with the Apple Software Update that you are using then it may cause such problems. To solve this you should try to launch your Apple Software Update. To do this you have to go to Start > All Programs > Apple Software Update. Just select that and see whether it is launching properly or not? If it is not able to launch and you are getting any error message then you have to download the Apple Software Update from internet and install that to your system.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I thing that you have to reinstall this to fix the bug. If you want to reinstall that then first you have to remove the following from your computer in the same order that is mentioned.
    • iTunes
    • QuickTime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Device Support
    • Bonjour
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Once you have uninstalled this then you have to install that again after finishing the installation check that it launches properly or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As you told that you are getting the error message when you try to launch the iTunes. You can check for something on your computer. Restart your computer and press Alt + ctrl + Del and this will open the task manger. There you have to select the tab for the processes. This will show you the active processes at that time. Click the “Image name” and this will short the processes alphabetically. After that, try to launch the iTunes and see whether an iTunes.exe appear in processes or not? If it appears and gets disappear after few seconds then you have to install the iTunes again to solve the bug.

This problem may be caused by the Antivirus software that you are using. It may be blocking some programs that may require while you are loading the iTunes software. If you want to check that then you just have to disable the Antivirus software temporary that you are using. After that, again try to launch the iTunes. If it get launched without any problem then it will confirm that the problem is with the Antivirus software that is installed.

Earlier, I was also getting the same problem and I did the following to solve the problem. Here are the steps that I did to get it solved:
    1. First of all I uninstalled the apple applications.
    2. After that I rebooted the machine.
    3. Downloaded the fresh copy of the installer from internet.
    4. Next step is to install the iTunes+Quicktime and this time I got no error.
    5. Again I rebooted the system.
    6. Launch the iTunes and it get launched without any problem.