Thread: Tomtom car kit and iPod Touch 4G for iPod Touch

Tomtom car kit and iPod Touch 4G for iPod Touch

I am using the apple products from a long time and using the 3rd generation iPod touch from a year and now I wanted to switch over the 4th generation iPod Touch that I am willing got buy this week but before that I just wanted to know that is that will work with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch or not that I have in my car. As the iPod Touch is upgraded there are chances that it will not support to some extend in the new version. So, I just wanted to know that should I buy the new 4th generation iPod Touch from the apple or it is not supported by the Tomtom car kit; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Re: Tomtom car kit and iPod Touch 4G for iPod Touch

The TomTom Car Kit provides you superior navigation technology to guide the way on your iPod touch. You in addition get secure and safe docking on the go and play your preferred tunes over your car stereo. There are a number of the features available in the 4th generation iPod Touch so which feature you want to be in the ipod touch so that it will work for your tomtom car kit. So, please provide all the details about the features that you want to use in the car kit that will make me understand the issue properly and you will get a proper solution about that.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

In the 3rd generation iPod Touch I was getting the features such as the GPS, AUX audio, and charging w with the Tomtom car kit which was supported in a proper manner. These where the basic features that are available in the 3rd generation so I wanted to know that it will be available in the 4th generation or not?. In addition to that I also wanted to know that what are the additional features that I will get with the 4th generation iPod touch; any recommendation according the tomtom car kit and the 4th generation iPod touch will resolve the problem.

I am using the Magellan GPS holder and the tomtom car kit from a long time and the Magellan works fine with the tom-tom car kit but when I tried it with the new 4th generation iPod touch it does not supported the GPS a and the charging features which were working very fine with the other GPS holders such as the Magellan. Right now I am disappointed with these features and wanted to sell it to someone. The features in the new 4th generation iPod touch are very much complicated to operate so I will recommend you not to purchase and use the iPod touch any more as these will not work with the tomtom car kit in your car.

As you have mentioned that the 4th generation ipod touch will not work with the tomtom car kit and then I contacted the apple and the tomtom service center and they told me that it will fully support the 4th generation ipod touch as there will be a number of the additional feature in that. So, what is the truth about both the companies and products and what should I do in order to resolve this problem; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

I have used these products personally and as you have mentioned the companies are calming that it will work I know a number of the people with the same problem. It depends solely on you to buy or not to buy the 4th generation iPod touch and the tomtom kit. They have a latest released tomtom car kit which will work with the 4th generation iPod touch but then again you have to spend approximately $80 for the new car kit. So, I will again advice you not to go for the 4th generation iPod touch but the final decision is yours.

The 4th generation ipod touch supports the tomtom car kit to a certain extend but if you want to use the 4th generation ipod touch in an effective manner then you have to purchase the latest released tomtom car kit fr that. The price of the tomtom car kit is approximately $80 which is same as the previous charge but again you have to invest an extra $80 on that. So if you have the money then it will be advice-able to switch to the 4th generation ipod touch; these will resolve your music problem playing in the car in an effective manner.