Thread: iTunes 10 Error "Your payment method was declined"

iTunes 10 Error "Your payment method was declined"

I am always getting an error message which states "Your payment method was declined" whenever I try to buy anything on my iTunes 10. I have three accounts on iTunes but in spite of trying all those accounts, I am still getting this error and I am unable to get the actual cause of this problem. I have verified the information which I have provided and according to me everything is proper. Is there anyone else who has or had faced this problem and come out with a solution to it? Is it possible to fix this problem or I have to take some serious actions?

Re: iTunes 10 Error "Your payment method was declined"

Go to Apple website and click on Stores. You can now log in to your account which is present at the top of the window and remove all of your credit card information. This will help you to download free things and updates from the App store. You can even check your card on the Apple store but they will surely un-approve your card once again. I am not sure what caused it, but this should help you somehow.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

To solve this problem you have to first completely remove all of your current card information with the help of your device and then have to re-add them once again. This is how you can remove those information. Go to your device and select Settings. Move down and select "Store". Click on "View Account". You may be asked to sign in. Provide the user name and password. Choose the section which should have the credit card on your file. A window pops up displaying your credit card information and billing information. Click on Credit Card and change it to "None". You can complete the task by clicking on Done. Now you are ready to add the information once again. Follow the above procedure until you get a window which gives your credit card information and billing information. Click on Credit Card and you will be asked to add your credit card number, security code and expiration month and date. Enter the information and click on Done.

This is not a unique problem and it has appeared to a lot of people. Most of them was not able to download or purchase applications. I also thought of deleting the account information but it didn't helped me. I then, at last, have to send an email to Apple Support team and explained them my problem. So I would also suggest you to either contact them on phone or send them and email or, if required, visit your Apple store and explain them the complete detail about the problem. They should provide you the appropriate solution.

I occurred to me few months ago. I have confirmed about the problem with my bank and they assured me that the problem doesn't lies on their side. So it should be either from Apple side or from my side problem. I have also checked this with another credit card but the same problem sustained. I have contacted Apple and right now I am waiting for their response. I will tell you if I get any solution from them.