Thread: When playing videos in Nokia C3 it crashes

When playing videos in Nokia C3 it crashes

I think many of the Nokia c3 users are facing the crash issues just like me. As far as my phone issue concern it crashes every time when I am playing 3GP or MP4 files. First I thought that the issue reason is corrupted files or fault files. So I sweep the whole memory card analyzing that any of the virus may living inside. But the issue remains the same. Does anyone suffering from this kind of crash? Please help me to fix it.

Re: When playing videos in Nokia C3 it crashes

The phone you have brought may doesn’t have the firmware update. The mobile company uses the firmware in their products because it can able to play and support the newer format of the playable files. It also improves the sound quality of the media file. So it is a good option to update the firmware to its latest version so that it can play the MP4 and 3GP files without any disruption.

I am happy to tell you that Nokia has started working on this case. It also recommended its users that they must use the original memory card which are approved by the Nokia Corporation. It tells that the problem is due to use of unsupported cards which are sold by the third party retailers. Faulty memory cards makes the phone to crash and also causes the damages to data and the applications.

If you are facing a much problem of crashes then report it to the Nokia. Mention the details such as model number, serial number, firmware version, files types, codecs, extension, file size etc in the report. Also mention the fact from which source the crash is occurring, from memory card or from internal memory. If it is a memory card then play and check the video file from the internal memory. Still crashes then it must be the phone problem. Better to meet the service shop.

For those users who are having the problem of crash, hang and restart when playing videos, try to download the new version of video players and its codecs. The default video player on your Nokia c3 may not be working due to several reasons. Sometime the third party video player can play the new format of video without any crashes or hang. The incomplete conversion of video files will not play properly either on mobile phone or on other portable video player.

ThumbsUp Re: When playing videos in Nokia C3 it crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    I think many of the Nokia c3 users are facing the crash issues just like me. As far as my phone issue concern it crashes every time when I am playing 3GP or MP4 files. First I thought that the issue reason is corrupted files or fault files. So I sweep the whole memory card analyzing that any of the virus may living inside. But the issue remains the same. Does anyone suffering from this kind of crash? Please help me to fix it.
    Hi Valdis,

Yes, What you said was absolutely right. It has the hanging problem whenever one plays the video or tries to use the camera.

But there is a good news for you friend!.

I tried to update the software and successfully updated. I too was facing the hanging problem that too very frequently. Whenever I use the camera or the media player to play the videos the phone was hanging a lot. I was facing exactly the same problem just like yours. So don't you worry! You can feel easy now!

Now after the software updatation, the problem got solved. Now the latest software update version V 07.20 is available. If any one is facing the similar problem of phone getting hanged, you can update the software using the gprs service.

Nokia PC suite has also got updated. Now the latest version 3.0.0.284 is available. Those who use the Pc suite for browsing the internet using the nokia phones can update the pc suite.

With regards

This is issue with the software update. You can fix that by running a fresh update for that. Simply run a nokia software updater for that. I also found on some models this firmware too do not give you much help. You might need to wait for the fresh update for that. You can try to post a bug report for that. Mostly a fresh firmware update can fix the issue out.

Nokia C3 mobile not booting

Hi,
    I brought brand new nokia C3, around 5-6 months back.
    Today, it stopped suddenly and not booting-up at all.
    The steps I performed:
    1. Connected my C3 device with Ovi-Suite.
    2. Copying mp3s from PC to C3 device.
    3. Parallely opened the target folder in C3 ..............
    ...............GONE

Now my C3 device stopped everything and powered off automatically.

Many attempts to start the phone did not make it to boot. Even I removed and inserted the battery.

what next?

Regards,
    Anil

Just make sure your battery is charged enough. If it is , and still not booting than dont do anything, as you said it is brand new, simply take it to Nokia Customer Care and get it repaired from them. If you try anything yourself, it may even break the warranty.