Thread: PDFs cannot synchronize to iBooks

PDFs cannot synchronize to iBooks

Hi all,

I am using the iTunes 9.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.4. I am facing the problem with iBooks PDF syncing. Whenever I mark the PDF books for sync then I can see that the sync ends without any problem and when I checked the iPhone in PhoneView then I am not able to see the PDFs. I am not able to guess the problem behind this and how can I solve that. If you have any idea about this then please share that with me. It will also be helpful for those people who are surfing for the same problem. Thanks.

Re: PDFs cannot synchronize to iBooks

I think that this problem may be with the iOS that you are using. Just check for the latest update for the iOS available. If you don’t have updated iOS then I recommend you to update the iOS for your iPhone. There may be other possible reasons for this issue and this is one of the possibilities from them. I am suggesting you this because it was the case when I was getting problem which was somewhat similar to yours.

Which version of the iBook you are using? I am asking this because it may be the problem with the version of the iBook that you are using. The latest version that is released for the iBook is 1.1.2 and if you are using the older version then this then I recommend you to install the latest version that I told you. In many of the cases like this, I have seen that the older version creates the problem and updating that solves the problem. So please update it. Good Luck!!!

You can try the suggestions that are posted above and see whether it helps you or not. If you have tried that and not getting it solved and you have also tried all other possible solutions for this then the according to me the last option that is left for you is to restore to the iPhone. This will reset all the settings to its default and it may solve the problem. Don’t forget to take the back of all the contacts and other important thing that are there in your phone memory because once you do the restore wizard then it will delete all the data from the phone memory. I hope that this will resolve the issue.

I am agreeing the post that restoring to factory setting may solve this but make this as the last option when nothing helps you. If you don’t know that how can you restore that you can see the following steps.
    1. Connect the iPhone to oyur computer and it will get appear in the Source or Device panel in iTune.
    2. Select your iPhone and select the summary tab.
    3. You will see a restore button that is under the version heading. Hit that to start the restore. It will prompt you to take the back of the current installed software before restoring.
    4. Hit the restore button and this will download and install the latest firmware for your iPhone.
    5. Wait for the restore process to finish and it will give you message when the restore process completes.
    6. After that you will see a message on your phone that says “Connect to iTunes”, So you have to m;ake the connection toiTune and after that it will give you a message that “iPhone is activated”.
    7. After that you have to choose that which backup to use for restoring the iPhone.

I searched for this on the manual of the iPhone and it says that you cannot see the pdfs on the Books pane; you have to modify its type in iTunes. You have to search on the iTune library and find the PDF file, Select that file and then choose File > Get Info. This will show you the information about that file. Select the option in the information window. Select the book from the Media Kind pop-up menu and after selecting that click OK button.