Thread: iPod touch 4g is working slow as compared to iPod touch 1g

iPod touch 4g is working slow as compared to iPod touch 1g

I was using iPod touch 1g and it was working very fine. When the 4g was launched, then i changed my device to iPod touch 4g. I founded a difference in the internet speed of both the devices. When i am trying to connect with the iPod touch 1g, then it i am able to make the connection in seconds and when try with the iPod touch 4g, it takes several minutes to connect. What is the cause of this problem? Is there anyone who is having any idea related with this issue? Please suggest me some solution in order to solve it out. Thanks.

Re: iPod touch 4g is working slow as compared to iPod touch 1g

I am having the same problem with my device. In my case i was using iPod touch 3G and i have changed it to 4G. I have tried to compare my 3G with the 4G, by downloading a game on both the device. I founded that the speed of my 3G network is faster than 4G network. Why i am getting this problem? Is there anyone who is having the knowledge of this cause? Please do provide me the help.

I will recommend you to reset the network connection for your iPod touch 4g device. For doing this you will require to follow the steps given below.
    1. Start your iPod touch 4g.
    2. Then you need to go to the setting.
    3. Inside the settings go to the General option.
    4. Then go to the reset option.
    5. Now you will require selecting the reset network option for resetting your network connection.
    6. After doing this now try to test the device.

Hope it helps to you.

I am facing the same issue on my iPod touch 4g. I have tried to reset the network connection on my device. After doing this is reset, i was again the same problem of slow internet speed. I had also tried many other solutions, but then to my problem is not getting solved. Can you suggest me some other solution? Now i am getting frustrated by this issue as it is not getting solved out. I want to fix it as early as i can, so please help and also i will like to thank Agathe for giving the above suggestion.

Thanks for giving the instance reply. I have tried your solution and i was successful able to solve my problem. After resetting the network connection on my iPod touch 4g my internet speed was increased and now i am getting good speed even on my 4g device. It was really a good solution. I would again like to give my thanks to you as it helped me in solving the issue and even it saved my lot of time. Even the other people who are facing the same problem can try this solution.