Thread: How to disable iTunes volume control for remote speakers?

How to disable iTunes volume control for remote speakers?

I have installed the iTunes 10 and it is very good to use. But I have noticed that the option from which we can control the volume for the remote speaker is missing from Preferences>Devices. I click on the “?” button and it shows me that what it is for but they have not mentioned the option from where we can check or uncheck that for visibility. I found that the volume is very low. Previously with the version 9 or the prior version the option for volume control was there in preferences. I cannot set the volume because this option does not exist.

I am using the iTune 10 to stream my music files to my Denon receiver from my iMac by Airtunes/Airplay. I have set the volume on the iTunes volume slider to maximum but then also it is not able to impress me. If there is anyone else who have nonticed the steaming volume too low and have the solution for it then please post that to me.

Thank you.

Re: How to disable iTunes volume control for remote speakers?

I think that the option may be changed to "Allow iTunes control from remote speakers", and therefore you are not able to see the volume control for remote speakers. I am not sure that how can we get that back. I am using a Remote App from streaming to an AE. You can access the volume control with this remote app. This can increase or decrease the volume from my AE even if you are using the digital out. There is a excellent news that if you set the volume control to the highest then it come into view that the AE outputs a complete range signal which is the similar as when the earlier option for "Disable..." was checked.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hey, I think that I have figured it out. May be it is only for my Windows version. I found that there is a Master Volume and individual volume controls in the Multiple Speakers dialog box. This is for each set of the speakers. When the first time I brought up the dialog then I found that the individual volume was set to low. This was the default setting. I am using two Airport Express units and I found that it is very easy to boost the individual volumes till they are sheltered with the master volume. I hope that this will help you. Thanks.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You will find a new option for iTune 10 from which you will be able to change the volume level of each speakers individually. You will be able to see this option when you select the several speakers from the lower right of the iTune Window. In my case I found that the remote speakers were put to low level then the computer speakers. I adjusted that level and it takes the volume problem away for my remote speakers. Actually I think that it is a very nice feature but it would have been very good if you know this before you spend time for this.

You should not take the volume down about 5 before shutting the iTune down if you script your AirTunes. You should also make sure that the remote speaker volume is not tied to the master volume. If you do so then you will find that both the volumes are set to 0 when you start that again. After that you will find that you cannot increase the volume from the master volume.

You can try the following to solve the problem for you. First of all you have to go to the Speakers popup which is there in the bottom right corner of the iTunes and there you have to select the multiple speakers. After that you will see a "Multiple Speakers" popup which will have the individual volume controls for every system with the Master Volume slider. There you have to set the stereo speaker to highest and after that you will definitely feel the difference. I wish that it will take the issue away.