Thread: After upgrading to iTunes 10, my remote application on the ipod touch 4G fails to connect

After upgrading to iTunes 10, my remote application on the ipod touch 4G fails to connect

Hello,
    I am using iPod touch and i was able to use it without any issue. I started facing the issue when i upgraded it to iTunes 10. The remote application on my iPod touch is unable to establish the connection. I have tried to reauthorized it, but not able to solve it out. Is there anyone who is getting the same problem? I looking for a support on this problem, so pleases try to help me out. Please help. Thanks.

Re: After upgrading to iTunes 10, my remote application on the ipod touch 4G fails to connect

I think i have a solution for this issue. I would advise you to try the current versions of remote and even the iTune. Even i was also facing the same problem on my system and when i updated it to the current version, the problem was being solved. So i hope that it will also work in your case. If still your problem is not getting solved out, then send me your reply back.

Re: After upgrading to iTunes 10, my remote application on the ipod touch 4G fails to connect

You are having the firewall enabled in your device, and then try to disable the firewall, because there is some firewall which does not allow making the connection. After doing this, now try to establish the connection with your device and it will definitely work this time. I hope that your problem will get solved after trying out this solution.

Before answering to your reply i would like to know something about your device.
    • Is there any firewall enabled in your host machine?
    • Have you installed any anti-virus protection on your machine?
    • Which operating system are you using on your host machine?
    • which OS are you using on the ios device?

Provide me the answers of these questions. After looking at the answers i will probably be able to suggest you a solution for solving you issue.

After looking at your post i have tried to implement you solution. The firewall was enabled on my machine, after that i disabled the firewall and the problem was being solved. Now i am able to make the connection. I think the problem was with the firewall, it was blocking the connection. It was really a very nice solution so i would like to thank you for posting the reply and spending you precious time in help me out.