Thread: Problems while installing applications in Nokia C5

Problems while installing applications in Nokia C5

I am not being able to install any applications on the Nokia C5. The thing is that I have recently purchased that phone and that too from the Nokia priority dealer. I updated the firmware of my mobile phone to the latest version that is the version 032.010. I use to use internet on frequent basis on my old phone also and as the fact I decided to download the Opera mini browser , Fortunately the downloading was smooth but I was not able to install the browser. I don’t know why this is happening to my phone and not only the opera mini, I am not able to install any application. Please help me in solving the problem. Also let me the proper steps to install the opera mini browser. Does anybody ever had faced this problem if yes than please help me in solving mine.

Re: Problems while installing applications in Nokia C5

All I can say here is that the downloading process of yours was fine but the file tat you are downloading is not proper. I mean to say that the file that you are downloading is corrupted and may not be supporting your phone. IT may have also happened that during the downloading only the file has got corrupted. Also there may be problems in the downloading process you may have not downloading the file from the official site. Always make sure that whenever you download any file or any application than that must be from the proper and official site only. What you have to do here is check the same file is working on any similar mobile phone like you have if it doesn’t than there is problem in the file itself which you have downloaded. So make sure that you download a perfect file that suits your phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have gone through problem and it seems to me that you are facing this problem because you are not installing the application in proper manner. As mention by you that you are installing the opera mini browser, so it may have happened that the installation process itself was not proper. And if the installation is wrong then the file will not install for sure. Also you have not mentioned that whether you are facing any error, if yes than please post that error message. Because if you are facing the error, and without reading that message it is tough for me to find the solution.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for finding the solution. But the thing here is that I am still not able to install any application. Whenever I have tried to install the application than it gave me an error message saying that “Installation failed”. I am not able to understand what kind of error it is. Please let me know what should I do now, and also tell me the exact steps to install the opera mini browser. Because I feel that I must have committed some mistakes while installing the application Please help me to get out of it and also assist me solving the problem. Since i am not able to install the application on my phone i am forced to use the default browser available in my phone and it is very slow as well as irritating.

It seems to me that you have committed mistakes in downloading and installing the opera mini. So here are the steps that will help you to download and install the opera mini browser in a proper manner:
    • First of all you have to create A WAP profile on your mobile phone
    • After that you have to activate that WAP profile
    • Then you have to set up the java Settings to use the correct WAP profile,
    • Then you have to connect the mobile phone that is the C5 in this case to computer via USB cable,
    • Then you have to Navigate to the download page,
    • Then choose the appropriate version of Opera Mini that will suit the Nokia C5,
    • After selecting the version download it and then move the same on your mobile
    • At last run that file install it

I think that that there is the problem in the firmware you updated earlier. I feel that the update was not successful and it must have deleted some of your important files. If the supporting files are deleted then it is very tough to install the applications. The thing here is that you have to hard reset you phone. Because hard reset is the only solution that will help you in this case. What you do is before hard resetting your phone just keep the backup of it because resetting the phone may kill all your data. And then again update the firmware with the latest one. I hope that this one will help you to solve your problem and if not then you have to visit the Nokia gallery and place their complaint in front of them and I am sure they will fix your problem and also will take care that the problem will not occur again.