Thread: How to activate voice command on Nokia N8

How to activate voice command on Nokia N8

I have recently got a new nokia N8 phone from one of my sisters and the performance of the phone is quite good as compared to other mobile phone both in the looks and portability.The problem here is that i am not able to use the voice command that was present on the left bottom of the phone which i cannot locate in the New Nokia N8 phone. So, is it is not available in the phone or am going through the wrong method please provide any recommendation the topic to resolve the issue and also tell me that there is any online process by which i can do the same.

Re: How to activate voice command on Nokia N8

The problem that you have mentioned quite new but when i used the same procedure on my Nokia N8, i got the option for the voice record process. I think you are not pressing the key properly , you need to press the soft key properly for more than 4 seconds and then it will be able to detect the voice command and record the voice properly and you will get a symbol that is the sign that you are now ready for the voice record;just do it properly and you will get the solution.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is very much simple to activate these feature you just need to press the Call key which is also known as the soft key of the Nokia phone. Just press the Soft key for more than 4 seconds and you will get a symbol which will represent that voice record command has been activated there. If then too you are not getting the voice recorder option then there is some problem in the phone and you have to contact the customer care assistance of the Nokia or you can go to the service center for replacement of the phone which is an alternative option for you.

The solution provided by you do not work very well for my Nokia N8 mobile phone and I am still not able to locate the voice command on the phone, I have tried a lot and repeated the steps for long but the result was the same. So, what is the problem with the phone and why I am not getting the voice button, is there any problem in the phone or in the software or hardware. Any advice on the topic will work to overcome these issue.

The voice command is a very good feature as you can call your contacts by just speaking the name on the voice command option. Voice commands are language dependent and if you want to set the language and the detection option for the voice command then you need to follow the below steps;
    • First you need to select the Menu from the main menu icon.
    • Then go in the settings and select the phone option there.
    • After that select the language Settings in the Phone menu.
    • Finally select the phone language and the required language that you want to use with the voice command, these will complete the process.

There may be a problem that the phone is not able to recognize your voice and due to that cause the error so in order to recognize the voice in the voice command follow the steps below;

• First you necessitate choosing the Menu from the core menu icon.
    • Then go in the settings and choose the phone choice there.
    • After that in the Phone menu select the Voice recognition option.
    • Finally you need to choose Voice recog. Training option that will call the demo test of your voice recognition and your voice will be identified fir the next time

If you want to activate the voice command then it can be done by selecting the Add option which is available in the in the main menu of the voice recorder option. If you want to play that select the play option. To manage the voice commands you need to scroll to a function and then select Options and from there you can select Edit or Remove option if you want to rename or deactivate voice command. You can Select Add all or Remove All to activate or deactivate voice commands for all the functions in the list of the voice commands.