Thread: How to disable the red light during video recording in Nokia N8

How to disable the red light during video recording in Nokia N8

Hi I am having the Nokia N8 and using it from the last one month. Till now it hasn’t gave me any problem. But I have got frustrated from one thing that the red light remains on during the video recording. The thing here is that whenever I try to shoot a video the red lights turn on and due to that red light the video is getting affected. So due to this I am getting the bad video quality. Is there is any way to turn off the red light. I have tried out the same thing for lot of time but somehow unable to do it. Please help me in solving the problem due to it I have not took a single video from last few days.

Re: How to disable the red light during video recording in Nokia N8

I think it is not possible to turn of the red light while video recording. The thing is that it is given due to some purpose and there is no option to turn off that light in any mobile. If it really frustrates you then what you have to do is just covet that light with something till the video shooting process completes. I can’t help you other than this because there is no way we can turn the light off. I hope you will understand this will help to reduce your problem.

Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:
    • If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
    • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
    • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
    • And the D to correct the auto focus.

I don’t think that it is possible to turn off the red LED light. Because it is programmed in such a way that whenever you will on the video mode then he red light will turn on automatically. We can’t do anything because it is made with some purpose. And if still you want to turn off that light then you have to contact the Nokia gallery and place your complaint over there and I hope that they must have solution for it. And I think that they will help you to fix the problem.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for finding the solution. Actually the thing here is that I got really frustrated due to the LED light and didn’t found any way that will help me to turn off the light. So as suggested by you I covered the light for some time but it also didn’t work. But when I used the letters E and R from the keypad it helped me turn off the red light. And i hope that it will work for long time and such problems will not occur again.

hey, i have searched far and wide for a solution to this problem and this is the only place that i have seen that says the solution works but i cant seem to get it to work so any help would be appreciated....by pressing E and R, do mean go to the call menu and press '3' and '7' or '33777' or something else? :s

+1!

Hi all

Just got an N8 and would like to turn off this red light..
    How to press E+R at the same time ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carol.fire View Post
    Yes it is possible to turn of the red light during the video shooting mode. What you have to do here is follow the below steps:
    • If you will press the Q and W from the keypad it will set the Flash LEDs on and off,
    • And if you will press the E and R from the keypad then it will set the red recording LED on and off,
    • Also if you will press the A and S it will adjust the focus,
    • And the D to correct the auto focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiscus5 View Post
    First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for finding the solution. Actually the thing here is that I got really frustrated due to the LED light and didn’t found any way that will help me to turn off the light. So as suggested by you I covered the light for some time but it also didn’t work. But when I used the letters E and R from the keypad it helped me turn off the red light. And i hope that it will work for long time and such problems will not occur again.
    How were you guys able to press letter E and R on the keypad while on video recording mode? It is Nokia N8 we're talking about right? Because I can't find any keypad to press when in video recording mode.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

hey thought i'd let you know...you cannot turn the red led off...the instructions given above are for n900. As for n8 it is not possible until we have a certain hack called rompatcher...until now the n8 has not been hacked with the rompatcher...there are other hacks which let you install unsigned apps and tweak with the picture and video quality but no rompatcher so when are we going to get the rompatcher? god knows...lets all sit and pray...

Hey N8 guys.... Good News Good News.. I Solved the problem of red light Forever.. we can turn it off while recording video.. Its too easy.. now we have power to disable or enable Red light.... What u have to do is..

Step 1. Download Camera pro and install it from any site or Ovi store its available there..

Step 2. After installing Start Camera pro and go to video mode..

Step 3. Start Video recording by clicking dedicated camera key.. (but here red light will apperar - Dont worry)..

Step 4. And to make it disable Again click on same dedicated camera key But Softly.. just like we are doing for focusing an object....

Step 5. PROBLEM IS SOLVED..........

Great. Thank you very. With Camera Pro, no red light in recording video.

Is it possible to activate the white led flash for video recording?
    I mean white led light