Thread: Nokia N8 and Proxy setting

Nokia N8 and Proxy setting

I am a regular user of the nokia brand and recently purchased a new Nokia N8 from the Nokia Priority Center, the phones performance is quite good as compared to the other nokia phone. Now i just wanted to know that how can i set up the proxy setting in the phone and what will the requirements for that to use the internet in the nokia N8, any recommendation on the topic will be appreciated by me.

Re: Nokia N8 and Proxy setting

These problem can be resolved with the help of the Network service provider which provides you the proxy settings via the SMS or you can contact the customer care assistance for the same. It automatically get installed in the phone when you press the install option in the message that you get. The alternative to these is that you can do the settings manually, you just need to follow the steps given by your network service provider in a proper way these will resolve your issue of the proxy settings and if then too you do not get the settings visit the Gallery of the network provider for the same.

I have contacted the network service provider for the settings and then send me a setting which i install in the phone and it said to restart the phone and then try to establish the connection, i had done the same but the result was not that effective and i was unable to establish the connection. So, what is the problem with that if you provide the manual settings to me then it will be great and also provide the step by step guidance to install it properly in the setting and all the chances will take properly, please help with an appropriate answer.

The problem of the proxy settings can be easily resolved by following the Steps given below which will allow you to set up the proxy server in a proper way. First you need to go in the Connectivity Menu of the phone and then in the Menu button from where you need to select the Settings and then Connectivity. After that you have to add new Access point and then go in the Settings ->> Destinations. Then you need to select Access Point to add new access point and then select yes followed by automatically check. After that choose WLAN for wifi and select your corporate Access Point and also choose Internet to allocate it to Internet group. Then in the final steps you need to go back to the internet option and from there you have to select the internet version that is it is an IP4 or IP6 version and then click OK to complete the settings and after that restart the phone so that all the settings can take place.

If the settings provided above do not work for your Nokia N8 cell phone then there is an alternative available for that which is a toolkit called as Nokia Configuration Tools 6.0. To set up the proxy settings using the Nokia Configuration Tools 6.0 you need to first download the application from the Nokia website and then install it in the system which may be a laptop or a desktop. After the installation open the Nokia Configuration Tools 6.0 and then follow the instruction to set up a proxy settings in the Nokia N8, these will resolve the issue for sure if then too the problem exists then you can contact the Nokia help desk to overcome the problem.

The issue of the proxy settings can be effortlessly resolved by subsequently following the Steps given beneath which will allow you to set up the proxy server in an effective manner;

Step 1 involves Connectivity Menu

• First you need to go to the Menu Button in the connectivity Menu
    • Then you need to select the Settings options
    • Then select the Connectivity option from there.

Step 2 involves Adding new Access Point

• Go to the settings options, continued from the above step.
    • Then from the settings go to Destinations

Step 3 involves setting new Access Point

• Click Access Point to insert fresh access point.
    • Then select yes for "Automatically check".
    • After that Click on WLAN for wifi and select your business Access Point.
    • Finally you need to select Internet to allocate it to Internet group.

Step 4 involves final set up
    • You need to go back to menu in Step 2.
    • After that choose Internet.
    • Choose the fresh Access Point that you have additional in Step 3 and it will give the information of it.
    • Choose Options ->> Advanced Settings.
    • Finally you need to see IPv4, IPv6 and Proxy set up menu and your issue of Nokia N8 proxy settings will be resolved.