Thread: Nokia X6 headset not working properly

Nokia X6 headset not working properly

I have recently bought the new nokia x6 mobile phone from an authorised nokia dealer. I t was fun using the phone. All its applications,music player and its touchscreen functionality worked fine. But the problem I encountered was that my headset is not functioning properly now.Whenever i connect my headset to my nokia phone and try to listen to a song or listen to the radio FM I am not able to listen to the sound. I took the handset to the nokia dealer and he did some internal settings in the phone and at that moment it started working properly. But when I came back and inserted the headset to check again it again gave me the same problem.Does anyone have any idea about what should I do to get rid of this problem. Please suggest what to do in this situation..

Re: Nokia X6 headset not working properly

First thing which you should do is when you insert the headset in the mobile phone you should insert it properly. Once you insert it, their will be one icon which will be displayed there which indicates that the headset is properly inserted or not. If it is showing then you will be able to listen to the music otherwise if you cant see the icon then you will have to go to the service center for help because if you insert the headset properly and still it is not showing any icon on the screen then their must be some other problem with the phone.

Listen when you insert the headset inside the mobile phone, there is an icon which is displayed on the screen so that you can see whether or not the headset is connected to the phone. Else when you connect the headset it should either show that immediately that the headset is connected or simply open a selection menu which asks whether you want to connect a headset, headphone, line-out, tv-out or music stand. So in this case you have select the headset as an option and using this you can solve your query.

What I think is there is no software problem with the mobile phone but the only problem is the hardware of your mobile phone. Whether the headset is having problem or the headset slot is having some problem. So just check this thing and also check the internal settings of the headset. You can try by using your friends headset . You can simply use your friends headset and try to connect the headset in your mobile phone. If it is working then the problem is with your headset and after that you can buy a new set of headphones. Or else if the phone is still not detecting the headset then the problem is with the mobile phone.