Thread: iOS4 photos folder structure not working

iOS4 photos folder structure not working

Recently my iPod got a latest iOS 4.0 and I used to sync this iPod by using an iTunes with my computer system. Actually earlier this iPod was showing images properly in an Alphabetical order but since it has been upgraded, This functions have got tweaked I guess. There was a main image folder on this iPod into which there was sub folder. Now the folders inside this subfolders were not showed but the images inside them were showed up directly in an alphabetical order. But on this new operating system, Folders inside the sub folders are not accessible. Please help me!!!

Re: iOS4 photos folder structure not working

I guess it would be changes made in the new iOS operating system as iit won't be reading files way inside the sub folders. Actually according to the hierarchy, You can have a sub folders inside the main folder and then once more folder inside it which won't be showed as a folder on your iPod but the content of the same folder would be showing directly when you open its parent folder. So i think you have to live with it now.

I suggest you to manage the folder properly on your iPod as this kind of devices are not like phone or external drives which would be able to rad all the data as it has been placed on the memory. These operating systems are made to make easy to use such portable devices and hence it does not allow you to make as many subfolders as you want. Actually it won't be stopping you from doing so but when you will view the folders by using the default application then that application won't be able to get too much inside it.

You can use the third party application like file explorer which can help you to check all the files and folders right from your iPod. Actually these third party applications are made for such thing so that you can view the things which are not viewable by the default programs on your iPod. I think you would be getting hundreds of results after searching for "ios4 file explorer" on google. But you have to jailbreak your iPod for using this third party applications.

IFile developers, the most complete file manager for iPhone and iPod Touch, was read to date and will be available on many websites. In addition to supporting iOS 4, and file sharing, this new version 1.3.0-1 stamped brings a lot of new features and bug fixes. Since the previous version, iFile became payable, but for those who do not want to buy the logical will always be available, but with the functions of the base.
    • Added support for opening files with external applications (eg, Keynote, Pages, ...).
    • Added support to use iFile for reading files from third-party applications such as email attachments, for example.