Thread: Hiding the Ping button in iTunes 10

Hiding the Ping button in iTunes 10

I am using an iTunes on my Macbook and i hae found one useless thing on this apple's software. Whatever would be the use of the Ping but for me there is not use of this button kind of thing on the sidebar. Can anybody please tell me that how can i get rid of this Ping and what should I follow to not seeing this ping ever again on sidebar?

Re: Hiding the Ping button in iTunes 10

Since iTunes 10 have launched, there is a new service called Ping. This is one used so that people can give music recommendations. I don't know why this was totally on the pointer. Especially since it constantly fades in and that too on the track list next to the title name, It appears when cursor goes on it. After some Googling I have found the solution for how to hide it. After completing the following command orders with iTunes running then it's a little quiet around ping. The command orders are for a standard Windows XP. Please see first whether the path corresponds to your iTunes with the following or not.

• C:\Programme\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt hide-ping-dropdown 1
    • C:\Programme\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt show-store-link-arrows 1
    • C:\Programme\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt disablePingSidebar 1

Even I was very much frustrated due to the Ping button placed next to my track list and it was not odd on my great playlist of songs. Anyway, Here I have given yo the way by following which you would be able to hide it.
    Code:
      defaults write com.apple.iTunes hide-dropdown-ping 1
    To the arrows that show in the iTunes store again, you can run this command:
    Code:
      defaults write com.apple.iTunes show-store-link-arrows 1

Here I have given you the the trick to hide the Ping button from the iTunes 10 which has been noticed to be annoying for an iTunes users as it does not let user to see the whole track name properly as this button's locations is just next to the track name which becomes little bit distracting for the user to get used to an interface if an iTunes. Anyway, I guess you should watch this!!! In iTunes with version 10 is known to the social networking platform, " Ping introduced "in the play list also leaves its mark. This Buttons can be but with one-liners in Terminal Hide quite simple:
    Code:
      defaults write com.apple.iTunes hide-ping-dropdown-bool TRUE
    Then, when either iTunes must be restarted for this change to take effect. You can also make the following command to reverse:
    Code:
      defaults delete com.apple.iTunes hide-dropdown-ping
    In Windows, the command looks like this way (the path is necessary to adapt):
    Code:
      "C: \ Program Files \ iTunes \ iTunes.exe" / setPrefInt hide-dropdown-ping 1

The mainly irritating feature in iTunes 10 for lots of users is the new Ping social network. For individuals that have preferred not to use the service, Apple has made it complex for users to put out of action the service buttons damaging an user interface. To remove the Ping buttons in iTunes 10 you will need to close iTunes then go to the Start button and then Open up Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Run Search bar. Now you have to copy the command given below based on the Windows operating system installed on your machine.
    If it is 64-bit Windows OS :
    Code:
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\itunes\itunes.exe" /setprefint hide-ping-dropdown 1
    If it is 32-bit Windows OS:
    Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\itunes\itunes.exe" /setprefint hide-ping-dropdown 1
    Paste the above command into CMD and then press Enter. Return to the new prompt and type…
    Code:
    C:\"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\itunes\itunes.exe" /setprefint hide-ping-dropdown 1
    C:\_
    Now start up iTunes and the Ping buttons should be gone.