Thread: Currently available games for an iPod with iOS 4

Currently available games for an iPod with iOS 4

I am using an iPod Touch with Camera since 4 months and an this is an iOS 4 iPod. Due to some work schedules, I was not able to use this iPod up to its extreme limits. But I guess the time have came to rock this iPod with the most beautiful best games. So can you guys suggest me some best games to play on iOS 4, By the way how many games are available yet that are compatible with this new operating system?

Re: Currently available games for an iPod with iOS 4

Here I have personally tested some of the games which are compatible on my iPod Touch and I won't be saying that this all the games are best to play on it but still I was just in a mood to check all the games which I found compatible with an iPod running iOS 4 operating system. Total there are some 53 games which I found out of which some of the names i have mentioned as follows. You may download any of them as per your choice of gaming.
    • Action Buggy, Angry Birds, Auditorium
    • Barnyard Bounce, Blades of Fury,
    • Centipede, Chess with Friends, Cro-Mag, Crystal Quest
    • Doodle God, Dungeon Hunter
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Ghosts'n Goblins Gold Knight
    • Highborn, How To Train Your Dragon
    • Implode!, Inotia 2
    • Knights of Charlemagne
    • Lumines
    • Mini Squadron
    • Need For Speed: Shift, Need For Speed: Undercover
    • Pathways, Plants vs. Zombies
    • Robot Master, Resident Evil 4: Mobile Edition
    • Sentinel, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Street Fighter 4, Super K.O. Boxing 2
    • Tap to Flap, Theseus, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., Transformers G1: Awakening
    • Vector Tanks
    • Word Ace, Words with Friends

According to me, Apple have created an iOS operating system in such a way that the programmer who has knowledge about it can make game for running it. So it is not at all considered as small platform for the games. So you can never say that what would be an exact number of games that you can play on your iPod Touch. And when you say it game particularly then again your point of view to say an application as a game would matter. Though there are approximately 200 000 apps and games available on the App Store, So you may go through the whole store and get an application on your iPod.

From the time when Apple announced and previewed back in April, Game Center has been expected for the iPod merely for the reason of its universal capability. So far, games have been divided amongst different social network that all offer the similar basic experience, but still handle to be walled gardens. With the launch of an iOS 4.1 and Game Center, I guess that the existence of segregated games on this operating system are gone. Improbable, just due to the extra features Apple will never supply such as cross-platform compatibility.

I guess you should first of all check in the App Store where you can find most of the applications compatible with your iPod though you can many third party applications for your iPod Touch but the thing is that they won't be so reliable as per their security reasons. Actually third party application can also harm your iPod which might make you resetting your iPod or may be format it which means loosing your all the data out of it. So it would be much better to check that reliability of an application before you install it on your iPod.