Thread: Can’t see songs on iTunes 10

Can’t see songs on iTunes 10

I have just downloaded the iTunes 10 and installed it. But I have one major problem with that. It is not able to display the song list. I am using the Snow Leopard which I got recently. Earlier, I was using the iTunes 9 and that was running very fine but was getting cracked when I close and reopen that. It is nor the problem with the iTune 10. I can play the songs but it cannot be shown in the library. Also whenever I select the movies and then music then it the introduction page for the movie hang about there.

Is there anyone who faced this problem earlier and has solution for this? Please share the answer for this with us.

Re: Can’t see songs on iTunes 10

OK, you can try this to solve the problem for you. First of all you have to quit the iTunes and after that move the file given below on the desktop.

<MacintoshHD>/users/<yourname>/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

Fire up the iTunes and when you do that then it will create a new playlist that is a new .plist file. See if you are able to see the songs on the list or not. If it can be seen then you have to trash the plist file that you moved to desktop earlier. I hope that this will solve the issue for you.

You can try the above suggested solution for this and I wish that it will resolve the issue. But if you find that it is not helping you then you have to install the iTunes again. Just delete the iTunes, Flip4mac and Quicktime from your system and agin install them. Do a clean install and see whether it solves the problem for you or not? Make this as the last option after trying all the other solution. Thanks.

I think that I know the problem that you are facing. You can try this to get it fix. Just press the button cmd + J and it will open the display options for the iTunes. Go through the options which are there in the list. I don’t know the exact name for that but you will definitely get the option for displaying the track. Change that setting and save it. I hope that this will solve the problem with your iTunes.

You can try to test with any alternate iTunes library. B/elow are the steps by which you can create and choose a different iTune library file.
    1. First of all if you are running the iTunes then quite it.
    2. If you are using windows then you have to hold down the Shift key and choose the All Programs>iTunes>iTunes from start menu.
    3. If you are using Mac operating system then you have to open iTune and straight away hold down the Option key.
    4. After that you will see a small window with three options
      • Quit
      • Choose library
      • Create Library
    5. You can select then accordingly.