Thread: Can i use 4th generation iPod Touch with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch

Can i use 4th generation iPod Touch with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch

I am using iPod Touch and it is working well without any problem. Now I am planning to integrate my iPod with car kit. Is there anyone who has tried this and have you succeeded in doing this? Will it work fine for my device? Is there anyone who can give their suggestion on this topic? I am looking for a support, so i would request you to provide your view on this topic. I want to try this very soon, so please help.

Re: Can i use 4th generation iPod Touch with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch

You have to try the following setting on your ipod.
    1. Make the local services ON by going to the setting.
    2. Now you have to keep one thing in mind that you are using latest version of iOS 4.1 and also the latest TomTom application.
    3. Then start the application and allow it to search the GPS signal
    4. Now you will require plugging in the car kit.
    5. Now try to run it.

I hope that it will work for you.

Re: Can i use 4th generation iPod Touch with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch

I am facing a problem while i am trying to integrate my iPod with the car kit. When i try to do that, then a pop appears telling that the access for this device is not supported. Is the problem related with the iPod or with the car kit? I require you help on this issue. Do provide me your support the earliest, so that i can solve this issue as early as i can.

I have tried to implement the solution given by Shakirah and fortunately it is working for me. I have tried to follow each steps and it is making my connection. So i will like to thank you for providing me such nice solution as it helps out in solving the issue. Even others can try this solution, which are looking to do the same thing with their iPod.