Thread: Not getting CD track names in iTunes 10

Not getting CD track names in iTunes 10

Hi all, I have installed the iTune 10 in my computer and my problem is that, whenever I insert any CD which contains the audio files then I just get the "Audio CD" with "Track 01" etc..I have checked the automatically retrieve track names from the internet. I found that the Advanced>Get track names is not working. My system has Windows XP installed in that. Currently I am using the iTune of the version 10.0.1.22. do you have any suggestion for this?

Re: Not getting CD track names in iTunes 10

Have you checked for your internet connection? If you do not have the proper internet connection then also this problem may occur. Just check for the internet connection and if it is not proper then you have to contact the provider and ask for the connection. In many of the cases like this I have seen that the net connection is the problem for you.

I was having this problem when I was using the older version of the iTunes and therefore I updated it to 10.0.1 and so I decided to reinstall the iTunes. To do that I downloaded the latest installer from internet and during installation I found that there is an option for repair and I selected that. This solves the problem for me. You can also find the repair option in Windows control panel -> programs and features -> uninstall a program. I hope that this will solve the problem in your case also. Good Luck.

I think that uninstalling the iTune 10 and installing the 9.2.1 version will fix this issue. This is the only suggestion that I .can give at the time. I can say that it will help you because I also did this when I was having the problem like you said and it solve that. Click on the below link and it will download the iTune 9.2.1 setup. Just download and install that to your computer and see the results.

Click here to download the iTune 9.2.1 setup.

Hey, thank you very much to all for your replies. I uninstalled the existing iTune from my machine and downloaded a fresh copy of the setup from internet and installed that. After that I found that the issue is gone and now I don’t have any such problems with the iTune. I think that some of the files for it may have been corrupted and therefore it was showing the issue. Anyway it helped me and I would also like to recommend all the people who are searching for this solution to try the same.