Thread: iPod Touch 4G Power button is unresponsive

iPod Touch 4G Power button is unresponsive

I had bought new iPod Touch last week but it suddenly started showing me the problem. Suddenly its power button won't show any response. Due to this I am unable to turn off the iPod Touch. This is where the problem lies. What has happened to my computer and why I am unable to turn it off? Am I wrong somewhere or something went wrong because of which I am getting this problem? How can I solve this problem?

Re: iPod Touch 4G Power button is unresponsive

It seems to me some kind of hardware problem or may be a defect from the manufacturer itself. I think it you should take your iPod Touch to Apple and ask them fix the problem for you. Although some of them over here can help you but since your product was purchased recently Apple will solve your problem without any cost incurred to you. Either take it to Apple Store or contact their support team to get some solution.

To turn off iPod Touch, first make sure it is on. Now press the power button which is present at the top of iPod. This will bring iPod Touch in to standby now. Hit the top power button once again until the screen shuts off. For this continue pressing the same power button once again until you get the message which says “Slide to turn off”. Follow the instruction and it will turn off the device.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I know how to turn off the power of my ipod touch but what the problem is that my first concern is why is this happening to new device. Ideally this should not happen to a new device from Apple. If I take the device and ask them to replace it then will they do it because I don't want a device which started showing me the problem so early from the date of purchase? What if they agreed to replace the device but still the new device is having the same problem? Will they return me my money if I asked them because of my un-satisfaction with their product?

I think your power button is giving you the problem because you don't have enough battery power. Check if you have any indication of low battery on your screen. Since when you have charged your iPod Touch? If you are still charging your device then how is it getting charged? Never charge your device through a keyboard or any other device which connected to USB 2.0 port. Make sure your computer is not in sleep or standby mode. Never use or remove your device until it is fully charged.