Thread: Error 5002 - The information on this page is outdated

Error 5002 - The information on this page is outdated

I am running an old application of iTunes. I decided to upgrade to the latest version. But the problem is that I am unable to do so. Every time I do that I get an error code 5002 with the message that says: "The information on this page is outdated." Is the problem lying on my side or is it like my iTunes is unable to get any updates from the Apple site and the problem is on their site itself? Whatever may be the situation how can I solve this problem? Does that mean I will not be able to update my iTunes? If it is possible then how can I update it?

Re: Error 5002 - The information on this page is outdated

Go to back up Mobile Applications from /Users/username/Music/iTunes. Start iTunes, disconnect your Apple device from iTunes on your computer, then select your applications and then delete them. Exit iTunes. Once again launch iTunes and make sure everything is deleted. Drag your backup Mobile Applications folder to start iTunes provided you have default iTunes settings. iTunes will automatically start adding your applications again. If you get any error message during this procedure, select replace an older version of this application. Once the procedure is complete, exit iTunes, then restart your computer.

I had this problem few months ago. Which version of iTunes are you running? If it is 9.x then you have this problem. I can confirm this is not the problem just appearing to you but the same thing happened to me too. I was having 9.2.1 installed on my computer with Windows Vista installed. I first thought it may be due to Windows Vista because I have heard from a lot of people who said that Windows Vista is simply crap but after wards I came to know that it was not from Windows Vista but from iTunes because of which I had this problem. I then tried to uninstall iTunes and then clean installed the iTunes 10.0 everything started working as it should be. So I think this is the better solution which you can also implement.

I have also come across this problem once a while. After some research, I was told to uninstall the current version of iTunes and the reinstall the new version. I tried that solution and it solved the problem. But that lasted for small duration. It reappeared after few days. I then just thought of to do what error message directs me. I then clicked on the link that appeared on the error message, I was asked if I really wanted to continue. I clicked on continue to proceed further and then I selected to update all again. The problem was later on solved because my iTunes started to download everything from the Apple site whatever it required.

According to me this is just an authentication problem. Once you get the message of "The information on this page is outdated", click on your email address which appears on the upper right hand side of iTunes. This will try to log in to your iTunes account. You will be prompted to provide your password. Once completed the login procedure, click on Done button. You will then be redirected back to "My App Updates" page. You can now retry whatever you were doing initially and it should work now.