Thread: Need IronPython support for Windows Phone 7

Need IronPython support for Windows Phone 7

Hello everyone, i would want to know that, does windows phone 7 support IronPython since i am looking for buying this mobile phone. I have heard that Windows Phone 7 doesnt have any support for any programming language to write any new application in it. Can anyone tell whether it supports or not, if not then is there any suitable way for using this dynamic languages like IronPython in Windows phone 7.

No i dont think so that Windows Phone 7 supports IronPhython and this leads to incompatibility for all the developers. Windows Phone 7 doesnt seems to have any support for scripting languages nor does it have any choice for programming languages which leads to a disadvantage for all the users and developers. This puts Microsoft loose their customers to Google Android Phone which lets developers write Android applications running in a Python interpreter. Android developers have the choice of using other dynamic languages as well - Perl, Ruby, JavaScript, etc. So therefore Windows Phone 7 lacks many of the features of Android mobile.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Yes its true that Microsoft has not implemented support for IronPython interpreter in Windows Phone 7. Since I am developer I would like to tell you that its impossible for Microsoft to implement all the features that are required by the developers to write applications. Microsoft has implemented only those features that are going to have the greatest impact on their user base and those which will be very easy to inherit. I think this is just the starting for Microsoft as they might think in the near future to implement IronPython in the Windows Phone 7. They are just waiting for a proper feedback form users like us so that they can come up with even more advanced version as compared to this one.

I totally agree with all of you, Windows Phone7 should have and interoperabilty with a Script Language like IronPython since many of the Company Projects requires it to develop applications using a kind of platform that supports Interactive interpreter Browser. So more easy and more reliable the applications is to develop, the developers will come up with new and new applications everyday. Microsoft should surely think from the basis of the developers side and should implement IronPyton in Windows Phone 7.