Thread: Intel X25-M 80GB in RAID 5

Intel X25-M 80GB in RAID 5

I do have the query regarding Intel X250-M. The thing I want to ask, is under the contents of the help which is under, who manages the storage system. While setting the data strip size the solid state disks is set to be default and also setting up which listed as 128 kilo bytes for the application RAID v 5, having 128 kilo bytes strip size is being tested for it, to be the best setting for RAID version 5 which is there with Intel’s SSD to be listed to be as the default? As far as the RAID v 0 and the RAID v 10 is having the SSD with 16 kilo bytes. I will be very helpful to answer this big issue.

Re: Intel X25-M 80GB in RAID 5

It is very unfortunate to say that the Intel processor does not support any kind of strip, it also does not provide the strip size that we are recommend to use the default on your machine which is a controller. As much I know about the strip is that if the strip is smaller in size then it has a higher IOPS and if the stirp size is bigger then it will have the lowest IOPS. Raid 0 is totally autonomous for non enterprise.

The strip size usually refers to each and every logical data block which is contagious used in RAID v 0, RAID v 5, or it may be RAID 10 type. In any of the intel processor yhe setting is not available in the market for the RAID 1 or for the recovery volumes, because they have the redundant type of configuration. The default value for the recommended strip size for better performance, it is based on the configuration and the types of the disks that is being connected to your computer, changing the previous selection can be the best suit for the advance users of the machine.

The very lower access time on SSD is a small strip size which is not likely having the lower throughput that much which is the only reason behind it. The strip size refers to each logical contiguous block of the data used in a RAID 10. It is right that it is not having the setting for the RAID 1. I think that the default for the intel’s RAID 0 at the 16 kilo bytes but not having the RAID 6. RAID 0 do not have higher strip size for SSD. RAID 5 have the parity. RAID 5 wear out the ssd less faster compared to a smaller strip size. It is very complicated to solve this issue
    Last edited by Regina; 28-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.