Thread: Windows Phone 7 Sync with Outlook

Windows Phone 7 Sync with Outlook

I want to sync the windows phone 7 with the Outlook so can anybody tell me here that is this possible to sync windows phone 7 which is not linked via Exchange with the outlook? Firstly it was not possible with the Zune software but currently I come to know that it gets upgraded to do the most of the job so is this possible to sync wp7 with outlook through this software?

Re: Windows Phone 7 Sync with Outlook

I do not think that Zune software have added this feature in their upgrade file. So according to me there would be no any "a sync with outlook" feature. Actually it provides the sync directly with your mail account service. And as much I know there is no local type of sync feature for mail/calendar/contacts. In real Zune will handle syncing the songs, videos and pics.

I do not understand that that Microsoft is releasing the phone which in real does not support their own application. So because of this people have to make move towards iphone I am talking about those who use Outlook contacts, calendar etc options every day. Is there anybody from Microsoft windows phone 7 developments, please tell me that in the next release these type of issues will take care by the development team.

Like you buddy I am also eagerly waiting to get an official response. I have domain which is hosted someplace and I make use of outlook to obtain all my emails. And also I do not want to sync or copy my private & company contacts on windows live mail. I am also waiting for the release of windows phone without this kind of issue.

I am doing a research on the sync troubles related to Windows Phone 7 and Outlook on the desktop. Currently on this I am testing the 24 days trial copy of CompanionLink for Google. At that time it uploads my calendar and also my Contacts from Outlook to a Gmail account. And after that it Contacts and Tasks from Outlook to a Gmail account. Currently I am waiting for the Windows Phone 7. But after this I have found that WP7 will not have hotspots. But now I came to know that WP7 cannot sync desktop Outlook. So I have decided that I will go for the Android.