Thread: Windows Phone 7 Serial Number

Windows Phone 7 Serial Number

I know that it is very soon and there are no phone comes with this feature but I am interested to know that how am I able to access the Serial Number of the mobile device? Actually it is very clear-cut on Android, but I am not able to find anything related to this on the MSDN. Thanks in advance for any idea. I am giving the sample code of the Android:
    Code:
    TelephonyManager tManager = (TelephonyManager)myActivity.getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE);
    String uid = tManager.getDeviceId();

Re: Windows Phone 7 Serial Number

Actually every device will have an exclusive id which will be obtainable by applications. Even user will actually be able to log the phone keen on their Windows Live ID, we are told they are only giving 3rd party applications right to use to an unidentified live id for Ad Reasons. Applications will not have right to use the User's Live ID - "yet". At the moment the User's Live ID is utilized by internal applications and services. There is a device ID that Apps can get.

I have also this issue but it is little bit different actually I accustomed to get back IMSI by using TAPI on windows mobile 6, with PInvoke. But when I have tried this in windows phone 7 then in that it is not possible anymore. So regarding this I have seen the documentation but not able to get anything. So can anyone tells me related to this that how can I overcome in this situation.

When I have seen this at that time I tried to get the solution of your issue on most of the forum site but not able to get any of the solution related to this. But the strange thing which I have found it is that most of the users are looking for the same question. As soon as I will get the solution of this issue I will post it.