Thread: Windows Phone 7: Push notification

Windows Phone 7: Push notification

I have read the article which is based upon push-notification from the net. You can also read that you just search for this title i.e. push-notifications in windows phone 7 and follow the first link which is given on to the Google page. And in this I can obtain Toast notifications pushed to my emulator. So related to this I have a small number of questions regarding this. Please tell me that what is the channel name? Which is used in the channel? And second one that does Toast notification inform when you are outside of your application? Do you must run the App initially to register the notifications? And does this work if you have not run your program yet?

Re: Windows Phone 7: Push notification

I have gotten the fix for your issue in the release notes:
    • All the application which uses the push notification whether it is existing or the new ones it requires to add the entry for the publisher.
    • And the second thing is under Properties in the Solution Explorer you open your wmappmanifest.xml.
    • correct Publisher="" toward Publisher="<something>"
    • Redploy

And then I have edited the wmappmanifest and then set a string in the Publisher attribute of the application element. And after that I have redeployed that and it is really worked.

Related to this thread I am not confident on the reason of the channel name, I think channel URI exclusively recognizes the application and the device. Maybe in the future the live service would utilize this to return your inventive URI which is depend on recognizing your application and channel name - if you are saying it is not doing this previously? Maybe not if depend on "an application deployment identifier" which is done every time you begin your emulator, in part of an "app idenfitier". So only this much information I have related to your question I hope this will help you.

I am not confident if your code is requesting a new URI every time you run your application. And if you are then I expect this possibly the reason you are getting an URI per operation. I consider the principle of toast notifications is that they are able to popup on the user’s device in spite of what they have active on the phone at the time. If desire to register there so you have to run your application, seeing that it will be your application which initially requests the push URI from the live service. I do not know that how this will work without running your program on the real device.