Thread: Upgrading 1.8 GHz Macbook Air from Macbook Pro (mid 2009)

Upgrading 1.8 GHz Macbook Air from Macbook Pro (mid 2009)

I am using the Macbook Pro (mid 2009) from a long time and recently with the release of the new 1.8 GHz Macbook Air, i wanted to upgrade to that. So, is these will be a better suggestion for me and what will be the advantages and disadvantages of it. Is the speed becomes slow with these or not any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Re: Upgrading 1.8 GHz Macbook Air from Macbook Pro (mid 2009)

As you have mentioned that you want to upgrade the Macbook pro to the macbook air but before the solution please tell me the current configuration that you are using and the the configuration of the system that you will get in the macbook Air; that makes my job easier for comparison of both Macbooks.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The Macbook Pro (mid 2009) that i am using currently has Core 2 Duo 2.53ghz 3MB OF catche memory along with these it has a graphic card of nvidia 9400m. It includes a RAM of 4 GB and normal hard drive. The Macbook Air that i am willing to buy has a Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz 6 MB of catche along with that it has a graphic card of nvidia 320m and a RAM of 4 GB. So, please tell me the difference between them and which one i buy.

The system configuration that you have mentioned above according to that you should stick with the Macbook Pro as the processor power is too low as compared to the 2.3 GHz. The hard disk space is too low when it is compared to other SSD's available in the Macbooks and the cost of the Laptop that is the Macbook Air is not that low to buy it only for looks.

If you want to upgrade to the Macbook Air then the most excellent thing you can do is upgrade your drive to a 160 GB Intel SSD (X-25M). You have the exact same mechanism as I do in the Macbook Air and the Macbook Pro, except I have an Intel SSD. It boots faster than the new Macbook Air that is less than 12 seconds. So, just buy an external disk for the Macbook Pro and you will have the same performance in both of them.

The Macbook Air is the better than the Macbook pro as it is new and the configuration with the Macbook pro is almost the same except the hard drive space that it has. So, for less hard drive space you can increase it by portable external disk and the price will reduce automatically when you compare the Macbook Air and the Macbook Pro. The macbook Air wins easily in the field of the look and feel with the Macbook Pro so the Macbook Air must be your choice and you should buy it.