Thread: "No USB device recognized" in LG Prototype Windows Phone

"No USB device recognized" in LG Prototype Windows Phone

I have order the new LG Windows Phone 7 from the Microsoft and after 15 days I received the Windows Phone 7 prototype LG phone from Microsoft. Previous to plugging the windows phone, I installed the VS2010 finest and the WP7 beta tools in that. After that I have charged the it all night via the full power adapter that I have received with the Windows, then I plugged it in my laptop via the USB and my Laptop which is using the windows 7 (64 bit ) operating system was unable to recognize and provided me with the error message as “The USB port device is not recognized” and the windows cannot perform the required operations. In addition to these I also have the zune application installed on it. So, what is the problem with that and how I can overcome these any recommendation on the topic will help to resolve the problem.

Re: "No USB device recognized" in LG Prototype Windows Phone

The problem that you have mentioned can be resolve by installing the latest version of the Zune application that seems to be corrupted in the windows Phone 7. This software can be easily downloaded and installed on the LG Windows Phone from the Microsoft website. For these first go to the website and then go to the Windows Phone section and then select the software and click on the download link to download the application, this will resolve your problem for sure. Make sure that you download the latest Zune 4.7 version to overcome the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The website and the section that you have mentioned above shows a problem when I tried to download the Zune software from the Microsoft Website. The section of the Windows Phone shows the page that you are trying to open is unavailable and there is no web page response for the download of Zune 4.7. So, what is the problem here and how can I overcome these any suggestion on the issue will work to resolve that.

If you are not able to go to the download section that is mentioned above then you can follow the below steps to resolve the given problem;

• First you need to Navigate to the "Product Directory" in Microsoft Connect section which you can easily locate.

• Then you need to select "Mobile Devices and Software"

• After that at that time I was able to observe an invite for the "Windows Phone 7 TAP Program" and I acknowledged the invitation from the Microsoft website.

• Finally after that you will be able to see connect.microsoft/WindowsPhone website page with no problem and then you should proceed with the software download of Zune 4.7 from the Microsoft website.

If the USB is not recognize in the system then you can make the settings chances in the device Manager To start recognition of the USB tool by using Device Manager, follow the given steps below;
    • First you need to select Start, after that select Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then select OK.

• The Device Manager window will open.

• Then you need to click to choose your computer as the site for the scan.

• Then On the Action menu, snap Scan for hardware changes options.
    • Then the Windows 7 recognizes the new device that you have plug in the laptop.

• Finally you need to shut the Device Manager window.

If the above solution does not work then you have to perform the procedure for disabling the power Management of the USB Hub to resolve the problem, you need to just follow the below steps;

1. First you need to select Start, then select Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then select OK.
    2. The Device Manager window will be opened.
    3. Then you have to enlarge Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    4. After that Right-click a USB Root Hub in the catalog, and then select Properties.
    5. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is exhibited.
    6. Then select the Power Management label.
    7. Then select to clear the permit the computer to turn off this machine to set aside power check box, and then select OK.
    8. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for every USB Root Hub in the register.
    9. After that On the Action list, select Scan for hardware changes.
    10. Then the Windows 7 operating system will recognize the new device.
    11. Finally you need to close the Device Manager window to complete the process.

The solutions provided above if does not work for any reason then you can try the following, for that you to start recognition of the USB device, first unplug the USB tool and resume the computer. Then, stay there for five to ten seconds prior to you plugs the USB device into the Laptop or hub. Windows 7 recognizes the fresh device. If this technique does not determine the issue, you might desire to review the articles in the "Similar Problems and Solutions" section, or contact Support desk of the Microsoft for further help and support on the given topic.