Thread: DVD reader on desktop computer recognise by Macbook air

DVD reader on desktop computer recognise by Macbook air

I need to put a new DVD-Reader in my macbook air but the drive stopped appear in my Computer and Device Manger. CD/DVD drive is not running and not appearing/recognized in my computer & device manager. I tried to restart the laptop but this did not help can anyone help me? Can anybody know that How could I get the DVD reader on my desktop computer recognized by MBA. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: DVD reader on desktop computer recognis by Macbook air

Whether you’re at the place of work or on the street with your MacBook Air, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the MacBook Air SuperDrive. It’s ideal when you want to observe a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more. Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the MacBook Air SuperDrive slips with no trouble into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up small space on your desk or dish table when you’re working. You’ll never have to be anxious about lost cables with the MacBook Air SuperDrive. It connect to your MacBook Air with a single USB cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adapter, and it workings whether your MacBook Air is plug in or running on battery power.

Re: DVD reader on desktop computer recognise by Macbook air

Air has no internal CD/DVD drive for installing software or surveillance movies. Some of you can live with no internal drive. Software can often be downloaded from the Web. A wireless migration helper feature lets you transfer files and programs from an old Mac to the Air. A new Remote Disc feature let you install programs from a DVD in one more computer, including a Windows PC. Via Remote Disc, I wirelessly loaded Microsoft Office for the Mac by insertion the installation disc on an iMac in my house. I ran into first snags trying to remotely install software on or after the DVD drive, until tweaking settings in Windows. Apple say Remote Disc doesn't currently support all third-party firewall software, but it says it's working with the companies in the direction of attempt to resolve compatibility issues.

Very few of us in fact have to deal with outside USB DVD burners since even the slimmest laptops sell in America contain an optical drive. Exceptions are UMPCs, imported tiny Japanese sub-notebooks, and now Apple MacBook Air. Owners of the former two devices are by now recognizable to compromise. On the other hand, Mac folks have been bash Apple about the Air mistake of a built-in DVD writer and limiting them to one and simply optical drive option that won't even work on other Macs, let in your PC.

There has been mystery on Mac hardware scene as the launch of the MacBook Air back in January. No, it wasn't the controversy over the compensation of the solid state drive; in its place, it was the MacBook Air SuperDrive, a USB peripheral able of writing dual layer DVD media at 4x, single layer at 8x, and CD-R discs at 24x. The small track, bus-powered drive that retail for a fairly reasonable $99 appealed to more than immediately the MacBook Air crowd, in spite of its permanently-attached USB cable. It only works on the MacBook Air.

Dr. V Guest

Apple hardware designer consideration they were attractive intelligent by making the MacBook Air SuperDrive work merely with its namesake. But they not at all met the mistress of deftly strong-minded the reason for the optical drive to work only with the Mac. It’s not a power issue as a number of assumed. It appears to be tradition firmware in the discussion between the IDE and USB interfaces. Since firmware cut proved to be a big challenge, tnkgrl just took it elsewhere of the equation by replace the small circuit board with a $9 equivlient! Now it has a sweet optical drive that workings not only with the MacBook Air but on all PC.