Thread: Video playback problem in XNA with Windows phone 7

Video playback problem in XNA with Windows phone 7

Hello friend,
    I have the brand new Windows 7 phone with the XNA gaming application for the video playback, which was working till the last day but there is a problem in the playback of the file, it flashes that there is no such video file in the playback list. Also there is some functionality in the XNA. No video player class in the tool of the window 7 phone, also it requires the information of the video playback file. I tried it with the Media player launcher but while I click for the payback it requires the URI of the file. The problem is I don’t know how to work with the URI of any file format. the launcher of the media player is also not recognize the playback file information, it changes the design of the window where i want to play the video file. What should i do? Is there anyone having any idea or suggestion regarding this problem?
    Last edited by Moon Walker; 27-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Re: Video playback problem in XNA with Windows 7 phone

The name space of the building time will not require the runtime information of the playback file whether it is audio or video. Videos can be played on the XBOX or the windows phone (whatever the operating system), it will play with the help of the .NET framework. The Media player launcher will help to run the program in the windows 7 phone or the any other application. But it not supports the application video file of the player. Are you tried it with the multiple streaming of the video file? Because I had the similar issue on my XBOX machine, and there I found that the decoder is corrupted by the format of the file that I used to run in the XBOX. The decoder is used to decoding the frame rate of the file. It will better if you are running the application with the resolution of 1280x720 in your screen of the windows phone. Try this by the optimizing the video file or the format of the file that you are using to play in the windows mobile.

I tried the bellow script in my XBOX for the playback of the video file. Recommend you to try with the script it might be also work in the Windows 7 phone.
    Code:
    Initialize()
    {
     VideoPlayer = new VideoPlayer();
    }
    LoadContent()
    {
     Video = Content.Load<Video>(@"Video/MyVideo.wmv");
    }
    Update(GameTime gameTime)
    {
     if (VideoPlayer.State == MediaState.Stopped) { VideoPlayer.Play(Video); 
    }
    }
    Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    {
        Texture2D VideoTexture = VideoPlayer.GetTexture();
    if (VideoPlayer.State == MediaState.Playing)
        {
            SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteBlendMode.None, SpriteSortMode.Immediate, SpriteSaveMode.None);
            SpriteBatch.Draw(VideoTexture, new Rectangle( 0, 0, 1280, 720 );
            SpriteBatch.End();
        }
     base.Draw(gameTime);
    }

So I did the solution with the simple process and suggest you to go through the step by step process, it will definitely play the video file, but remember this it will also work with the compressed file of the video in nay format. First you open the Windows Media Encoder Wizard and where you should select the option which is known as the 'Convert Video'. Then select the Windows Media Profile and there go for the high bit-rate option for the file High CBR 4000+, open the properties window of the file, disable the two pass coding option of the file. And a single blank audio track with the 10-15second .wma file. Lastly apply the code that you made for the encoding. try to stream the video file that t you wish to play in the windows 7 phone, i hope by the process it will not require the information of the video playback file.