Thread: FourSquare Windows Phone 7 code error:

FourSquare Windows Phone 7 code error:

I want to compile the FourSquare code which shows me an error. Actually when i am opening the Visual Studio 2010 express edition and then building it comes with an error that the current project has been developed in older version and need to update manifest file by adding several Capability names. And trying to to building the same gives so much errors like "the type or namespace name 'phone' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft'".

Re: FourSquare WP7 code error:

Here i have given you the steps by following which you would be able to migrate your code.
    1. First of all Remove references to:
    • Microsoft.Phone.Controls
    • Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Navigation
    • Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser
    • Microsoft.Controls.WebBrowser.interop

2. Now start adding the references to Microsoft.Phone assembly.

Re: FourSquare WP7 code error:

As in the error, It clearly states that you have to update the version which would be i guess easiest way to compile as well as run the code snippet which you are currently trying. It might happen that you have to remove the references of the Microsoft.Phone.dll from the project's References section, This would be accessible from the Solution Explorer. You should read it and be assure that the it is using the latest version of the file.

Re: FourSquare Windows Phone 7 code error:

I have seen the similar kind of error while compiling the FourSquare code but luckily i have found the solution for the same. You just need to make some changes as follows.
    1. First of all add Microsoft.Phone reference followed by the 'System.Device' references.
    2. Now add "xmlns:phone="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone" wherever it is required with replacement of "xmlns:navigation="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Navigation""
    3. Change <navigation: PhoneApplicationPage> with the <phone: PhoneApplicationPage> everywhere.
    4. Change <navigation: PhoneApplicationFrame x:Name="RootFrame"> with the <phone: PhoneApplicationFrame x:Name="RootFrame"> everywhere.

I have done changes in the references mentioned as per your suggestions in the Microsoft.Phone's Controls, Navigation etc. Actually it seems to be working after making these changes but somehow i got some big error which i just don't understand and I won't be able to make you guys understand that how this error looks but it starts with the "The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly" followed by some 20-25 lines.

This error is due to referencing one or more assemblies that were downloaded from the web and perhaps extracted from a ZIP file - things such as third party controls. These assembly files have a "block" flag set on them for security. I have found couple of way to resolve this error.
    1. Disabling the blocking property of an assemblies for which you have to locate that particular assembly in Windows Explorer and right clicking will open its Properties where you have to click on the "Unblock" button placed on General Tab.
    2. Disabling the security check permanently in the Visual Studio 2010. Open the config file located at " %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config " then add the following code under the <CONFIGURATION> element:
    Code:
    <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
    </runtime>