Thread: iPhone 4 scratches on the display and on the rear glass

iPhone 4 scratches on the display and on the rear glass

Friends, I am using iPhone 4 from last 1 month. Today I noticed a big scratch o the display of my iPhone and it is also there on the rear glass and Apple says that it is a scratch proof screen. I always had a big care for my iPhone therefore I use the Apple bumper to protect my iPhone. I want to remove the scratches from it so I want to ask you all that is there any way to take away the scratches from the screen with no mess up the glass or the display? Please help me. Any helpful suggestion from anybody will be appreciative. Thank you.
    Last edited by G.Burgess; 15-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Re: iPhone 4 scratches on the display and on the rear glass

There are many scratch remover available in the market. You can use that to remove the scratches from the screen. If you don't have much knowledge about this then you can search for a good scratch remover on internet and buy that. You will also get the instruction book to use the scratch remover. But remember that you should not use the idrops, displex etc to remove the scratches. They will not work and actually scratch the phone.

As you told that Apple says it is a anti-scratch screen but I don’t found Apple anywhere saying that it is a anti-scratch screen. They just aid that it is a scratch resistant and not the scratch proof. There is a big difference between scratch resistant and scratch proof. If you don’t take good care for your phone then you will definitely get those scratches. As far As from my knowledge there is no way to remove those scratches.

I think that you have put your phone in your pocket along with your car keys, change, a pen, or anything else. This is the main reasons behind the scratch on the phone. As you told that you are using a bumper to protect your phone that is good. It is great for improving your antenna problem but it does a dreadful job shielding the front and the back from incidental scratches. My advice to you is to use a zagg screen protector from now. It will save your mobile screen to from any further other scratches.

People cause 'Scuffing' by putting their bumpers on wrong; the write way is to put it over the front. They put in their bumper cover case into a holster etc that is very small and that put force on the bumper. The simple way to do that is to place a line with a piece of scotch tape inside the bumper. This will make the smooth surface inside the bumper and will reduce the problem. Actually Apple doesn’t have a good finish inside the bumper and that is little rough and causes the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am using Powersupport Crystal screen protectors for my iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G to prevent the scratches on the screen. No one can tell that it is there on the screen because it has a good transparency. I don’t have the iPhone 4 yet but I have already bought the PS protector set for it and also TPU soft gel case. I cannot tolerate any scratch on my iPhone because I like the beauty of the phone. For me, all-around safety is the way to go.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think you should contact Apple for this issue. They will tell you how to get it fix or what is the best way to solve the issue. Any breakage or scratch is not taken under warranty so don’t think that if they tell you to get that to them for repairing then they will not charge anything for it. You have to pay something if they ask for repairing.