Thread: How can I change Metro icons on windows phone 7

How can I change Metro icons on windows phone 7

Hey friend is need your quick help here actually I want to know that how am I able to change the application bar icons which is based upon the selected theme? In my application currently I am using the dark icons. And in this if the themes is going to change to the light color then the icons are not very much clear correctly. So how can I do this in order to fix this issue which is based upon the selected theme?

re: How can I change Metro icons on windows phone 7

I am also facing this but in that I have little bit extra. I want to know in this that how am I able to change the other images also you can take the example of the button images. Currently I am utilizing the Previous and Next buttons which have the arrow shaped icons. So tell me that how can I change these button images which is based on the selected themes?

I have one solution for it but I do not know whether it will be going to work in your case or not. Firstly I have deleted all the ResourceDictionaries. I have done this only for testing and in this I frequently exchange between the LightTheme and DarkTheme. So the code which is I am using I clear entire xaml initially and after that I came tpo know that which resources exist. And from that you are also able to know that which are the default ones for the presently selected theme on the phone.

I am doing this in my application from myself. I make an image brush for every of the icons. And I also put them in to the LightTheme source dictionaries. And after that I am able to alter the dictionaries at application launch, which is depend on the present background color white is for light and for dark it is black. On the other hand for the last Dev Tools, I have told you that there will be an API for knowing the current theme. So through this you are able to solve your problem.