Thread: Using a US Macbook Air in Macau

Using a US Macbook Air in Macau

I am a noob when it comes to Mac operating system. My cousin will soon be going to Macau and so he wants to take a computer with him there. He prefer to have Mac computer. I thought of getting Macbook Air. But I have a question. If I purchase the Macbook Air from a website who provides me Macbook Air from US, will he be able to use it in Macau? I am asking this question because there is a lot of difference in the AC voltage that we can get in Macau. It is around 220 over there. So would it be good purchase or should I change my mind get this mac computer from somewhere else? In such case what would you prefer?

Re: Using a US Macbook Air in Macau

Electrical and operating requirements

* Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
    * Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
    * Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
    * Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
    * Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
    * Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
    * Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
    * Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet

Looking at the above technical specifications of the MacBook Air, it clearly indicates that you can use a MacBook Air which you will be purchasing form US in Macau without any problem. But I think you have to purchase a supportive plug in order to connect it to the power outlet in Macau. However, there is no need to get any power converters.

Re: Using a US Macbook Air in Macau

It doesn't matter what power you are getting from the power outlet, since this is a laptop and it will be taking the power from the battery and not the power cables. So if the laptop is connected to power outlet which is in the range of the voltage that Macbook Air can support then you can definitely use it. But before taking the laptop over there than make sure you are aware about the import restrictions/duties that is incurred in Macau.