Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2010

Unable to connect an Acer 24" monitor on Macbook Air

Well, that friends, I am not able connect to my Macbook Air next generation to a second monitor with VGA input. More than anything else is that but the one monitor is now left with the laptop and the macbook and i do not use my desktop PC at all anymore and hence i was looking forward to use this monitor with mu macbook. So what exactly do I need to serve myself with a second monitor I mean both hardware (a cable) and software. please guide me in this matter i would be thankful to you.
Old 27-10-2010

Re: Unable to connect an Acer 24" monitor on Macbook Air

It's simple, just with the cable's you can connect the lcd to your macbook, then in the preferences pane will display the option if you want the other screen as a mirror that you have or an extension, so you get to have a larger desktop. I have already tried it and my computer slows down, so I took it off, I do not really needed, but well, the cable goes well with the notebook carrying case some day want to connect to a screen to watch a movie or to use only external display, or if it works well with two keyboards, it is quite useful.
Old 27-10-2010

I would suggest you to use the Henge Dock which is a new accessory designed for use with your Apple MacBook and MacBook Pro lets you easily connect your MacBook to an external monitor. The Henge Dock makes it easy to connect your MacBook , because it just slip your MacBook into the base and all peripherals are connected to the base rather than having to connect each of them to the MacBook. The Henge Dock is compatible with the MacBook 13-inch, 15 inch and 17 inch MacBook Pro unibody. It has good connections to Ethernet, USB, audio and also a model available with a Firewire connection.
Old 27-10-2010

I have purchased a 24 inch monitor to connect my Macbook pro 17 inches. Specifically, the model is Samsung T24HD. Luxury of time is, has digital tuner, two HDMI, DVI, 1080p etc. I am having heating problems with the lcd if I have the laptop closed whenever you have connected to the monitor? Please tell me a way to fix this heating problem of the samsung LCD monitor. Thanks in Advance.
Old 27-10-2010

Do not allow the MacBook monitor the spread option. I am using an lcd monitor with my Macbook and even without any problem and I have two monitors and is a joy. Using specially designed software and have the blades of the programs on one side and images on other is fantastic. The heat I have no idea i think that there is an internal hardware issue with the LCD screen. Try to contact Samsung service center for the same the problem should be fixed.
Old 27-10-2010

It would, but it's better to have it aired. What I do with the macbook is:
  • Home leopard, which you can see my desktop on both screens.
  • I close my macbook, so go to sleep.
  • Having the power charger and an external keyboard connected, press the keys on the keyboard until, with the laptop closed, leaving the suspension. Now only see the monitor screen.
  • You can open your macbook pro quietly to "breathe."
if you allow extended monitor, but I do not I do with it. If the screen is not of equal size, finish getting tired. For me, one of 24 is more than enough.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,