Thread: How can I access Live ID from an application in windows phone 7

How can I access Live ID from an application in windows phone 7

Hey I need quick help from your side. Actually I have just opened the Visual Studio Express 2010 and in this it is my first time. And I am mishandling my method around. And I want to tell you frankly that I am not a developer and it is very rudimentary question, but can you tell me that do you restore a default Live ID in Windows Phone 7? In my opinion you keep it and after that it brings my real question can you inform me that How do you right to use that ID from an application? So I required to create a Windows Phone 7 version of a web application that uses Live ID to validate as a knowledge experience, but I am receiving a little foiled on this initial step. And one thing more that is it possible to restore a totally separate Live ID.

Re: How can I access Live ID from an application in windows phone 7

As much I know regarding this that application will not have any right to use to the user's Live ID. And the answer for your next question is, that you were able store their ID in isolated storage. And I am not too much recognizable with how live auth works but regarding this I would suppose you were able to store a number of sort of verification token and it include their password also so they would not have to re-input it.

It is like weak and in this I hope that "yet" does not turn out to be "ever". It appears to me that unambiguous authorization would be a "good sufficient" explanation if an application wants to utilize your Live ID for its personal confirmation. Especially so, since Microsoft has been admiring the utilization of Passport/Live ID as the "make use of this everywhere login" for somewhat like a decade.

I would like to go with an unequivocal authorization on Windows Live ID as well. It possibly will be attractive for you to acquainted with that at the same time as Microsoft have said the required windows live id which is on the phone will not be available to 3rd party applications I hope they are doing only to guard the confidentiality of the end user we have been recommend there will be a single Device ID for us to track. This id will not alter unless a factory rearrange is done on the device.

I think this is not right. While there will be user Id but it will be the composition of device Id and the user live ID. And in this if user modify their LiveID so at the same time the unique ID will also get change. I have asked Microsoft especially concerning about having the device Id similar to in 6.x but they would not entrust to that, even if it’s just session there to be uncovered. So this much I know related to this I hope it will help you.