Thread: MacBook Air 11" XCode performance

MacBook Air 11" XCode performance

I am planning to buy a Mabook Air 11" device which is coming with the 1.6 GHZ and 4 GB of Memory. But what i wanted to know is " How about the performance of Macbook Air with the XCODE." I did not found any thing on Internet which explain me the same. If any one has experience the same then please let me know about the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: MacBook Air 11" XCode performance

The Macbook Air is reported to be to hot while using the XCODE. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this is not giving the good performance with the device of mine. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that there is low performance issue with the XCODE running on the Macbook Air. Xcode is a resource eater which requires a lot resources to work on it. As the Macbook Air is using Core 2 duo processor which make some relax but still low performance. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that there is nothing that can help you with the same. If you wanted to work with the Xcode then it is recommended to go with the high end configuration which is having lots of resources to go with. This is what i know about the same hope you will like the same.

I don't think so that there is an issue with the Xcode running with the Macbook Air. As i am running the Macbook Air with the VMWare, Photoshop CS3, Aperture, Eclipse, JBuilder and XCode and lot more application but did not get any issue related to same. As per my knowledge the Macbook Air is not working with the same. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that there is nothing that i can go with. I did not find anything which is having the issue with the same so if you are going through any issue with the same then i will advise you to check, there might be some other issue which is giving the issue with the heating of Macbook Air. I am really enjoying working on the Macbook Air. To know about the heating issue it is better to go with the below given link.
    Does new macbook air have heating problems ?
    Macbook Air: How is the heat

Xcode is as a complete, full-featured IDE built around a smooth work flow that integrates the editing of source code, with the build and compile steps, through to a graphical debugging experience - all without leaving the view of your source code. The IDE does more than these traditional tasks, however. With the advent of the iOS SDK, Xcode can now manage all your testing devices, automatically packaging iPhone apps with the proper certificates, and installing apps on the iPhone itself. The remote debugger connects to the device in real-time, managing breakpoints as the app is controlled on the device. If you wanted to know more about the Code the i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the same and if possible then work with the same. As they are the develop of the same and having the knowledge regarding the same so if you can the go through the same and see whether you are getting any solution or not. More about the Xcode is available on the Apple here.