Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Syncing hotmail calendar with iphone

Portable Devices

Old 27-10-2010

Syncing hotmail calendar with iphone

I have a problem with my iPhone 4. I try to sync my iphone with Hotmail calendar and contacts. I have several things to solve my problem but I was unable to configure my iPhone. Do you have a solution to my problem Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 27-10-2010

Re: Syncing hotmail calendar with iphone

Microsoft has given its Hotmail service support for Exchange ActiveSync, which you can synchronize and push notifications to your Hotmail account with mobile devices like the iPhone and smartphones that run on Android.

Exchange ActiveSync can also synchronize your contacts and calendar.

Email: "Your Mail"
Server: m.hotmail.com
SSL enabled
Username: "your mail"
Password: "password"
Domain: Blank
Old 27-10-2010

After an extensive support for POP, Hotmail Password finally to Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) on smartphones. In other words, iPhone users can now take advantage of push email and sync contacts and calendars with Hotmail. The service is started gradually: you need to configure your Hotmail account as a Microsoft Exchange (iOS 4 lets you have multiple Exchange accounts), using your username and password. It will indicate m.hotmail.com as a server and leave the field empty. If your phone asks repeatedly password is that the service is not yet in place for your account. We have received an email inviting us to try again a little later, "to use Hotmail on the move you've recently tried to activate ActiveSync service from your mobile device. We thank you for your interest for this service. Unfortunately, the entries were so numerous that we had to stop temporarily”. iPhone, all the services of Hotmail or almost AES are supported: push mail (on several issues with synchronizing the state read / unread, finally ...), sync contacts, sync calendars. Other mobile OS support only partially syncing calendars or do not connect to multiple Exchange accounts. Only tasks are not supported by IOS.
Old 27-10-2010

Hotmail with your new version brings a significant improvement for users of mobile synchronization using Exchange ActiveSync protocol, which can add Hotmail accounts like corporate Exchange accounts, this will enable the synchronization of mail, also Windows Live Calendar events, contacts and task list on Hotmail. Phones that support Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) are iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), the N, E and S of Nokia, Windows Phone 7, webOS (Palm), and Windows Mobile 6 .0 or higher.
Old 27-10-2010

To configure the service, we need the following information:
URL - m.hotmail.com
Username (Username) - here we enter our e-mail, for example. example@hotmail.com
Estate (Domain) - Leave this field blank
SSL - Enabled
Certification - Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
Old 27-10-2010

Using Hotmail with the native email client of the iPhone is not new and it was always possible. The trouble was that the connection was made through POP, ie your e-mails were downloaded to iPhone and removed from the server. Now Microsoft released the ActiveSync application for Hotmail so that you can add accounts to this service for synchronizing e-mails, Contacts and calendars between the server and the iPhone, all without removing anything from the server. This is possible with all Windows Live domains: hotmail.com, msn.com and live.com. To do this, simply enter the settings for "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" menu "Settings" and add a new account do Microsoft Exchange. Rus enters data logging, ignoring the "Domain" field and click the button below. After verification check will see a new field called "Server". In this field you must write "m.hotmail.com". Now your Hotmail account is already configured and emails will be downloaded to the iPhone but will not disappear from the server. IOS only 3 to configure a Microsoft Exchange while iOS 4 no limit. This also can be made on your iPod Touch or your IPAD.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,