Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2010

Can the internal drive be replaced with solid state drive?

I have using Apple MacBookAir from past few months with the 2GB of RAM and 128GB of internal hard drive. I want to increase my storage capacity more that 128GB so i wanted to know that, is there is any option through which i can upgrade my storage capacity to the Samsung solid state drive or can Apple provide me the upgrading of the hard drive? if anyone having knowledge on this then please reply me. Thanks in advance.
Old 27-10-2010

No, I don?t think you can replace your internal hard drive with the solid state drive, if you really want to use the solid state drive on your machine then, then only thing can be possible that is you can use the SSD as the external hard drive for storing data. You can get Solid state drive easily from the local provider. Then by connecting it to your machine using the universal serial bus you can make it use. If you are having any other query then please reply me.
Old 27-10-2010

I have gone through your question I have found a new MacBookAir with the adding new features. If you want Solid state drive to your machine then you can go for the Apple?s new MacBookAir which is having Solid state drive chips. Apple have placed the Solid state drive chips on the logic board directly. Using this machine you can access all your data much faster than now. So you can go with this new MacBookAir for storing all your data to the SSD.
Old 27-10-2010

It is possible to replace your internal hard drive with the solid state drive but to work on MacBookAir machine is not easy, however if you really want to replace you internal hard drive then, I advice to make contact with any of the third party service provider. Because as far I know that Apple cannot help you on this. You can contact to the other local third party service provider and they can help you to solve this issue. I hope this suggestion may help you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,