Thread: How to get user agent from windows mobile 7 series?

How to get user agent from windows mobile 7 series?

Hello everyone, need some help of your, I am creating an windows mobile 7 application, for this i would want to get the user agent of windows mobile7. So the question is how can i get this user agent details, is there any inbuilt class or method to get this user agent detail. How can i get the user detail in C# code format. Can some one help me to find this problem.

The user agent of your windows phone 7 should be fixed and you can only discover it from your phone. You can dynamically get the user agent from your phone directory.
    The User agent code will be something like this
    " Name" | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7
    If suppose you are finding any difficulty is locating this user agent code then you can refer to the guides regarding choice of your user agent.
    Designing Web sites for web browser| Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello everyone, I am also developing an application for windows phone 7 and want the user agent code for the same. I have searched in the internet but i am not able to locate it. Since I am new to .net I having difficulty in locating the user agent code. Can some one please help me with this, Is there any sample code for approaching the user agent code.
    I have even tried web browser class but i didnt find method like SavetoString to get the user agent code. Can someone please provide me with some solution.

You can get the user agent code, using the SaveToString() a per-instance method. You need to first create a new instance of it and then call the method within that instance. Another approach is to load a page into a WebBrowser control that writes out the User Agent string via JavaScript. Then use the WebBrowser SaveToString method to retrieve the User Agent string.There isnt any more solution for finding the user agent code other than this. Also, the Designing Web Sites for Phone Browsers PDF file link would help you to get the User Agent code.