Thread: How to make a simple SSL HTTPS call on Windows Phone 7?

How to make a simple SSL HTTPS call on Windows Phone 7?

Hi,
    I am trying to make a application for my windows phone 7, which require to make the use of https request to a remote web service. I have written the code in my laptop machine and when i am trying to move it on my windows phone 7, it is giving me an error message. Is there anyone who is having knowledge about this problem? If anyone has any solution regarding this issue, please provide me the fix for this. I want to solve this problem as faster, so please help.

Use the IE browser in the emulator

I will suggest you to use the IE browser in the emulator in order to open a page on the https site without getting an exception. Here the certificate will be ok. After doing this you need to confirm that the bindings you are using are supported by the Windows Phone 7 applications. Try this solution and i hope that you be able to solve your problem after trying this out.

Getting 401.2 error message

I did referred you post and even i have tried to use the IE browser on the emulator, but still my problem is not getting solved out. I am getting the 401.2 error message. If i am trying to put the same url on a computer browser, then it is telling me to pass/user. Why i am not able to solve my issue using it? If you have any other solution, then please provide that to me. I am hoping for a solution in order to fix it out. Even i would like to give my thank to you for providing me such a nice solution.
    Last edited by The-Don; 27-10-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Check the SSL setting

According to me Windows Phone applications can only use Basic or Digest authentication, when you are trying to connect with the Windows Phone 7 browser. You will also require checking the server SSL settings because the WP7 is not able to use the Client certificates. You can try this out and see what you output you get. I think that it will solve your issue. If still you require more support on this topic, then send me your reply.